• DODGER
JC, I’m never wrong. Ask Blueyankee……ha
Dodger.
Sep 7, 2008 00:08
  • JCNILE123
Blueyankee,

Can it be possible?
Dodger claims not been wrong ever!

Blueyankee, I hope we do not bang you with so many questions.

By the way, how is your health lately?
If you are going to tell me that it is none of my business, then forget it.

Sep 7, 2008 04:40
  • DODGER
I think the best thing that Blueyankee can do in light of the fact that he does has a terminal illness is to find a tall building, walk or crawl up it whatever the case may be and then take “one giant step for mankind” and for this forum.
Dodger.
Sep 7, 2008 11:15
  • MARRIE
Let's go back to the theme. Chinese call it 昙花一现 (just flashy within a blink at night). I believe this(昙花-the other name “moon beauty”) is the most beautiful flower in the world. Chinese will be extremely excited if they have the honor of getting them blooming in their home because it indicates any finest thing you can imagine

Sep 7, 2008 21:00
  • SHESGOTTOBE
That flower posted by Summersnow is one of my favorite flowers. Please do not disrespect it by naming it after Blueyankee. LOL!

It is called “Dama de Noche” (Spanish), which translates into ‘lady of the night’ because it only blooms and emits scent at night. Some call it ‘queen of the night’ or ‘beautiful lady under the moon’. It is very common in tropical countries. Some people would even have a so-called ‘dama’ party as it slowly unfolds because it only blooms one night in a year. Beautiful and mysterious, it has a very nice scent that lingers in the night air… when you pass by a house you’d know they have them in their yard. You can have a new plant by breaking off one leaf and sticking it in the soil.
Sep 7, 2008 22:31
  • LEONARDO
In English, the flower is called "night-blooming cereus" (Epiphyllum oxypetalum). In the course of a day and a night, it blooms and fades. It is cherished because of its transient blossom.
Sep 8, 2008 16:50
  • REMAG1234
I have to agree with SHESGOTTOBE, calling the flower BY is a terrible insult. Stinkweed, poison ivy, poison oak are a few of the names for the Blue Yankee. Probably a better one would be "Locoweed" which made cattle go nutz.
Oct 19, 2008 09:36
GUESTFLORES I guess this a cactus flower, its name is: Epiphyllum anguliger
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is the name of this flower?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code