Menu
JR Foster
Oct 8, 2008 09:05
  • FOSTERJR
What time to trains leave Hangzhou for Shanghai on Sundays?

Does anyone have a small, typically Chinese inn to recommend?

Thanks!
Oct 9, 2008 04:13
  • REENTERGIRL
There are so many trains shuttle between Hangzhou and Shanghai each day,from early to later night.When do you want to leave Hangzhou for Shanghai?
As for the typically Chinese inn,where do you want it?Hangzhou or Shanghai?
Oct 14, 2008 14:11
  • FOSTERJR
I need to travel from Hangzhou to Shanghai airport on Sunday, November 9th to get a flight at 5:55 pm.

I wish to find accommodations in Hangzhou for Friday, November 7 and Saturday, November 8.

I am also looking for an English speaker guide for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

thank you for your help.
Oct 15, 2008 09:53
  • RUYA
I wish to guide you by time .I live in shanghai now. You can email to me .
126.com|miss0430
Oct 17, 2008 04:13
  • REENTERGIRL
Hi, Fosterjr,Here are trains for you:N474: Hangzhou(12:12)--->Shanghai Nan Zhan(15:11);N426:Hangzhou(12:15)--->Shanghai Nan Zhan(16:08);K538:Hangzhou(13:11)--->Shanghai Nan Zhan(15:26);D670:Hangzhou(12:55)--->Shanghai Nan Zhan(16:18).
As for accommodations in Hangzhou it also depends on your prefer.Here are some recommendations:Shangri-la Hotel,Hyatt Regency Hangzhou,Wushanyi International Youth Hostel,Mingtown Hangzhou International Youth Hostel.You can book them though:http://english.ctrip.com/###.It's very friendly to use.hehe, about guide, Fosterjr, i could also be your guide in Hangzhou.Ok, just kidding.If you really have some problems during your stay in China, you can call yoyoor live English assistance center for help, they are professional at providing info for foreign travelers in China and they can help you in proficient English.Yoyoor Tel:400-672-YOYO (9696) (06:00-24:00)
Learn more:http://www.yoyoor.com/?p=cn03021
Oct 17, 2008 15:42
  • FOSTERJR
Are you still interested in being my guide and can we go visit gardens and West Lake? I probably only need a guide from Friday noon to Sunday noon. I will make my reservations at a hotel early next week.

Let me know if you are interested and what the price would be for that time period.

thank you.
Oct 20, 2008 04:27
  • REENTERGIRL
Hi,Fosterjr,i'd like to, but to tell the truth, i'm not a professional guide.i'm just familiar with Hangzhou and the westlake.I have lived in Hangzhou for four years and i have a walk around the wesk lake almost once every two weeks.You know what is the best way to enjoy the westlake? --Cycling.Hehe,you will see a lot of people cycling here.
Oct 20, 2008 04:44
  • REENTERGIRL
Hi,Fosterjr,you said price?you mean i can get paied from you being a guide?haha,i never think about it!
but if you really want to pay that price , i highly recommend you to rent the well known E-Guide--yoyoor phone.It has powerful GPS navigation with English map and you know alway be clear where you are.What's more, it boasts very efficient live English assisitance center,you can ask any questions as for where to eat and where to have fun.My friend Cath used it when she came to Hangzhou last month, and she like it very much.i like to recommend it to you.
if you need any help, you can contact me by: hotmail.com.i|malorymm'm malory
Oct 26, 2008 00:13
  • ELLYSE
I presume you're leaving on an international flight from Pudong airport (PVG) at 1755? You'll need to be there by 1555 to check-in. Trains from Hangzhou generally arrive at Shanghai South train station which's about 1+ hour by airport shuttle no.7 (20 RMB) to Shanghai Pudong airport. Thus you'd want to arrive at Shanghai South train station no later than 1330. Best choice would be D660 (1132--1259), 2nd best would be D686 (1059--1218). Other trains would be slower, or would arrive too late for you to get to the airport in time.
Alternatively, you could also take a direct train from downtown Hangzhou (Huanglong Stadium, to be exact) to Shanghai Pudong airport. The journey takes 3+ hours. Taking the 1030 departure should work well for you.
What do you really mean by "typically Chinese inn"?
If you've any more questions, email directly to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg FosterJr) in the subject line, thanks.
Nov 30, 2008 08:11
GUEST30117 We are planning to travel by train from Hanoi to Shanghai, mid december 2008.

Does anyone know on which days train k538 from Nanning / Guilin to Shanghai departs? Every day? Where can we buy tickets, in Nanning / Guilin or even in Hanoi?

thanks, Jeroen en Helmi
www.worldwideweblog.nl
Nov 30, 2008 21:25
  • ELLYSE
K538 operates daily. You won't be able to buy tickets in Hanoi, only in Nanning/Guilin depending on where you intend to board the train.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: JR Foster
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code