Menu
Korean pop singer Lee Seo-hyun kills himself
Dec 2, 2008 01:37
  • METEOR
Lee Seo-hyun, a leading singer of vocal pop group M.Street was reported to have killed himself by hanging in a recording studio on Monday, December 1.

The main cause for his suicide is reported to be his failed stock investments. He borrowed large amounts of money from friends and relatives to invest in stocks but lost in the market. The 30-year-old Lee Seo-hyun was the leading singer of the pop group M.Street that was founded in 2004. The group has recently been preparing the release of a new album.

Lee left a letter before his death, saying that he was sorry to his parents, siblings and loved ones for leaving them pain and hurt. In recent month, several celebs in South Korea have killed themselves due to various reasons. Some Koreans said that suicide is selfish. What is your idea?

Dec 2, 2008 03:49
  • LEONARDO
The case is normal among South Korean celebs. In October, four celebs committed suicides. The reason for this guy's suicide seems to be different from others. He hung himself just for the failure in stock market. The whole world's stock market is gloomy. Didn't he know that?
Dec 2, 2008 04:08
GUESTYUMI Honestly that is sad but i understand everyone is saying stuff like he just had a bad stock deal he shouldn't kill himself, well i agree but i understand were he is coming from. but is wierd how in the last couple years there has been a BIG boom in the korean actor/singer suicide rates it is crazy.
Dec 2, 2008 08:45
GUEST82106 it really a bad thing for wat he did
Dec 2, 2008 09:03
GUEST75517 yes but if he cant raise the money to return to the people he borrowed from, what can he do?
Dec 2, 2008 11:53
  • CARLOS
The bottom line... perhaps the fact he was a pop star had nothing to do with his suicide.
Supposely many people have killed themselves these times because of failed investments, they only donĀ“t break the news line.

Sad anyway.

Carlos
Dec 2, 2008 20:56
  • SHESGOTTOBE
He is a celebrity yet he has to borrow money? I don't get this.

The money that you should use to buy stocks should be the money that you can afford to lose.
Dec 4, 2008 20:43
GUEST05146 From our perspective, we would likely to think that they are selfish. From their perspective, their problem or pain must be so unbearable that they just want to end it. Obviously they cant think of anything or anyone whom they want to live for ..... or just too afraid to face the challenges ahead. During such times, they lost the ability to make rational choices or even be aware of the problems that they are leaving behind for their loved ones to solve.
Dec 4, 2008 22:02
GUEST11690 he got samll brain i gusse so.....he shoud think widely dont take shot gun for his his life,to challenges with others. those kind of people scared of reality,what he need is dont bother with other people, he just need to worked hard to get the thing back that he lost be happy and positive......so i think he is pussy not tiger hehehehehehehe.....
Dec 4, 2008 22:16
  • JIMMYB
He is a celebrity yet he has to borrow money? I don't get this.

The money that you should use to buy stocks should be the money that you can afford to lose.

I heard that those actors or actresses in South Korea have "miserable" lives. We just see them on screen. Yet we don't know more about their lives. It is true that they own much debts. Some of them just killed themselves because they couldn't pay back their debts. The global financial crisis makes the situation worse and worse.
Dec 5, 2008 04:06
GUESTZAR "Lee left a letter before his death, saying that he was sorry to his parents, siblings and loved ones for leaving them pain and hurt." - this is rubbish!!

If he had any love at all for those he claimed he loved, he should not have taken his own life (it is NOT his life, but G-D) no matter how bad the situation. Suicide is a totally selfish act of a person without a character.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Korean pop singer Lee Seo-hyun kills himself
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code