Menu
Staying in Jishou
Dec 6, 2008 11:53
  • DAVEC
I am thinking of the possibility of staying in Jishou for few nights while travelling in Hunan.
2 questions, first, accomodation, can anyone recommend places to stay?
I prefer cheaper hotels or guesthouses and most places I stay are about 100-150Y.
secondly, a friend said I should check out Dehang, is it any good and whats best way to get there?
Dec 7, 2008 08:50
  • JABAROOTOO

There always hotels in that price range in the smaller cities like Jishou so look around the bus or train stations or downtown. It is not a big place and it has a relaxed feel about it.

I have only passed through from Fenghuang to Xiushan so only had a brief stop to change buses although we had take a taxi from Fenghuang and he dropped us in the main street to get cash and then we went by taxi to the bus station to take a late afternoon bus west to Xiushan. That was a great ride but did a few hours after dark so missed it but it is a spectacular climb out of the valley just west in JInshou.

What is of interest in Dehang. Seen something about it but cannot remember. What about Zhangjiajie. Will you go there too?
Dec 7, 2008 12:27
  • DAVEC
I am told Dehang is an ethnic village with forest walks that eventually lead to a pool and waterfalls.
We will stay at Jishou as base and go to Fenghuang for 1 day and Deshang for 1 day ythen make our way up to Zhangjiajie before heading further up into Hubei.
Any info and advice on ZJJ would be appreciated.
Dec 8, 2008 03:07
  • ELLYSE
There's a direct bus for Fenghuang -- Zhangjiajie, so I think it would make more sense to go Jishou -- Dehang -- Jishou -- Fenghuang -- Zhangjiajie, to save on backtracking.
Post a Reply to: Staying in Jishou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code