Menu
How to get the fish bone out of my throat?
Jan 5, 2009 21:40
  • XIAOXIAO
When a fish bone sticks in your throat, what do you do to get it out? In China, there are some ways. First, drink vinegar. Many people believe that vinegar can soften the fish bone and then you get easily get it out. As for the reason, vinegar contains acetic acid. However, the doctor warns that drinking vinegar is no use because the density of the acetic acid in vinegar is only 3 percent and it can't soften the fish bone. Second, eat some rice to force the fish bone go to your stomach. But it is also not effective.

Do you have some other good ways to get the fish bone out of the throat?
Jan 6, 2009 00:31
  • DAVEC
Prevention is better than cure, by this I mean dont eat fish bones in the first place.
Jan 6, 2009 12:00
It might be just an " old wives tale " but drink orange juice as the citric acid will move the fish bone, I have done this myself and it works.
Alan
Jan 6, 2009 19:33
  • XIAOXIAO
drink orange juice as the citric acid will move the fish bone, I have done this myself and it works.

Really? Orange juice tastes sweet rather than sour. I haven't tried it before.

Prevention is better than cure, by this I mean dont eat fish bones in the first place.

I eat fish very carefully. But the fish bone still stuck in my throat sometimes.
Jan 10, 2009 01:27
  • WANHU
Many restaurants in China serve freshwater fish, which has many little bones. When one is not careful, the bone may got stuck in one's throat. I prefer ocean or marine fish, not only it tastes beter, more "meat" but has larger bones which are quite seldom to get stuck in the throat when eating.
Wan
Jan 14, 2009 21:03
  • ICEBERG
Hehe, I usually try to eat something else to force the fish bone go to my stomach when it is stuck in my throat. In most cases, it works well.
Feb 24, 2009 17:36
GUEST78152 Hey, my mom has a fish bone in her throat....She wan't go to the E.R.
I'm worried............... help
Feb 24, 2009 20:31
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST78152

Hey, my mom has a fish bone in her throat....She wan't go to the E.R.
I'm worried............... help

If you can't figure out a good method to get the fish bone out of your mother's throat, better go to see the doctor as soon as possible.
Mar 2, 2009 12:25
GUEST52251 Sme I dnt Know what to do!!!!
Mar 6, 2009 17:20
GUEST96410 Eat breat, crackers, oat, something hard that will scape it down.
Mar 22, 2009 13:19
GUEST21575 I have a Fish bone in my throat i have tried water but doesnt work it doesnt reduce breathing but does not work can anyone help?
Page 1 of 23    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to get the fish bone out of my throat?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code