Menu
What are the possibilities to go from Guilin to Yangshuo
Feb 17, 2009 10:04
  • NORHA1
What are the possibilities to go, by public transportation, from Guilin airport to Yangshuo during day time?
Feb 17, 2009 13:06
  • TINMAN
very easy.........you can go by bus, which is very cheap, or you can go by ferry, which is about 4 hours.I suppose you could go by taxi too. If you go ferry, it is slow but has endless breathtaking views, however if i remember the cost, it can be about 1600 yuan per person...very pricy!, and does not include return trip. By bus, I think was 17-20 yuan each, but be prepared for fast driving on, and close your eyes when they pass each other. The road is pretty decent. I suppose the taxi trip would be closer to 100 yuan or so, just guessing!, but is the fastest way, however there's not any chance to stop for pictures or sightseeing. Yangshou is a quaint little town with the entry streets geared for tourism.Unless you know how to bargain, you'll get ripped big time on buying anything. There is quite a few bars, and cafes there everywhere.If you're going to stay overnight, I suggest do not take the hotels along the tourist street. The ferry guide people will tell you they can arrange the hotel and will trick you to believe there is hardly any rooms left...don't fall for that!...when you get there, just walk the streets into the neighborhood, and you'll be amazed the quantity and better quality of hotels that are back there. The reservation hotels will cost you 300 yuan, and they are awful!..The hotels on the back streets (only a 5 minute walk away), are pristine and probably in the 50 yuan range. It is so serene and quiet back there, and beautiful to take a quiet quiet walk. Do not let them fool you to believe you may not find a room---there are 100's back there. any other info I can share with you just let me know, I'll send you my e-mail address. If you are a tourist, They see you coming! Ha!....I would love to make a small business there. If you ask anyone there about the hotels, just ask for where the old abandoned library is....they're all around there. They just don't look like hotels, they look like little mansions!
Mar 3, 2009 20:50
GUEST13740 Hi

Thanks for you informative write-up. Would you be able to tell me where to go to get the ferry to Yangshuo and what the ferry times are?

Also, if I take a bus, does it go straight from the airport? Is there a counter at the airport where I can buy tickets and get on the bus?

Thanks

Sharon
Mar 4, 2009 05:50
  • ELLYSE
The ferry doesn't leave from Guilin airport, but from Guilin city! You have the option of airport shuttle or taxi for Guilin airport -- downtown Guilin.
No direct buses from Guilin airport to Yangshuo. You should seriously consider having your accommodation do an airport transfer for you, if it's reasonably priced... around 200 RMB.
Mar 4, 2009 07:37
  • APAULT
There is a small bus from Guilin airport to Guilin tho it does noit take you to the very centre.... 25 rmb a couple of years ago.

The standard boat trip from Guilin to Yangshuo about 200 rrmb for the Chinese commentry, much more for the Engl commentry...by alll accounts take the Chinese ass neither say much worth hearing. You start frstarts by taking a bus from Guilin downstream to where the boats start. All hotels and travel services offer this trip, but prices vary. Although it is a one way trip by boat downstream (due to shallow water and water flow spoeed), you come back on your bus after an hour or two in Yangshuo, or you can stay in Yangshuo.

Alternatively, you can hire a speedboat which carries 4 or 6 people and just do part of the trip. If you fill the boat the price per head is similar to the big boat but you can just use up half a day and bypass the long stop at a souvenier shop just after you get on a bus!
Mar 4, 2009 22:40
GUESTEXAS which retard here suggested small bus? they git pickpockets boarding them moron; take those big mthrfckr buses!!
Dec 25, 2009 08:32
  • SYOUNG108
Ellyse, would you recommend Guilin during Chinese New Year?
Thanks!
Dec 25, 2009 10:13
  • ELLYSE
Hmmm, not particularly. Why?
Dec 25, 2009 18:06
  • SYOUNG108
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant 'is February a good time of year to visit Guilin?'. I was thinking of going there before Chinese New Year. Or would spring be a better time to visit Guilin?
Thanks.
Dec 26, 2009 01:18
  • ELLYSE
Personally I think February would be good for Longsheng rice terraces, but not sure about the rest. The water level would be particularly low in winter.
Dec 26, 2009 16:02
  • HAYDN
hmm... how low?
i want to go to yangshuo in a few weeks. how are the rivers?
hopefully its nice and misty there.
does any one know of a good way of getting north from guilin?... possibly bus to sanjiang, train to huaihua or jishou, bus to fenghuang, dehang, train to zhangjiajie (wulingyuan) and on to yichang somehow?... has anyone passed through these places? where's best?
("everywhere!" said the zen-butcher)
:-)
Post a Reply to: What are the possibilities to go from Guilin to Yangshuo
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code