Menu
How similar are Chinese, Korean, Japanese?
Apr 14, 2009 08:52
  • PAGANBOY
Are Chinese, Japanese and Korean genetically similar? Are Japanese and Korean predominantly Han too? If not, how closely are they related? How to you define a Han anyway?
Apr 14, 2009 21:36
  • SAKEFREE
I don't think Japanese and Korean predominantly Han, they are minorities. I think Korean are Chaoxian or Gaoli people, China still has a minority called Chaoxian, they are very similar to Korean. I am not sure which Japanese are but definitely not Han.
Han is defined in antient times that those who live in central china, like beijing, xi'an, hebei, because at that time, it is the most prosperous area in China, and most of population is in there, and most of the emperors are from there, so we named it Han, standing for chinese.
Apr 15, 2009 18:14
  • MARRIE
I have no ideas. However, historic books say there were 2 big migration in history that Chinese migrated to Japan Irelands in Qing and Tang Dynasty.

Part of South Koreans look like Chinese but I think most Koreans' ancestors from Mongolia.

Yun Nan and Canton Province used to be place for exciled people and those two places I know from history book belong to Vietnam, that's why Cantoonese just look like Vietnamese and speak with the same accent. But In Canton provinve, there is a special group of people (Ke Jia folks) who migrated from the north long time ago and they look quite different from Cantonese and they are very outstanding in every espect I heard.

I believe my ancestor were from northern China and migrated to middle-east coast of China.

Apr 24, 2010 02:37
GUEST11383 no in history books it says the koreans migrated to japanese islands
Apr 13, 2011 00:44
GUEST54196 Get it straight. The first Korean kingdom was discovered to be 2333 BCE, through series of historical documents. The first Chinese kingdom as believed by most people dates back to 2100 known to be the Xia period.
Apr 14, 2011 17:02
  • SUKUKI
China, Korea and Japan have totally different culture but you can see there are lot of influences that have been rub on each other. For example; ancient Korean culture have lot of similarity to Chinese culture in a way of clothing, hair, buildings and government. Japan did occupy Korea and this is evident in some areas even to these days. Japan and Korea have their own language and writing but, you will still find they use Chinese writing as well.
Apr 14, 2011 20:34
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARRIE View Post

I have no ideas. However, historic books say there were 2 big migration in history that Chinese migrated to Japan Irelands in Qing and Tang Dynasty.

Part of South Koreans look like Chinese but I think most Koreans' ancestors from Mongolia.

Yun Nan and Canton Province used to be place for exciled people and those two places I kno...

intellective search,knowledge full.
Apr 17, 2011 20:31
  • XIAOBAIHE
My experience is that it's hard to tell which is which among Chinese from North East Coast and middle East coast, Japanese and Koreans. Speacfically, the northerners look the same among the three countries and It's hard to tell the southerners from Korea and Jap among the Chinese from middle east coastal areas.
May 9, 2011 08:47
GUEST69130 not a good idea to start a answer with "i have no idea". It makes u not sound smart from the start
May 13, 2011 07:25
  • MORITZ
they have only same fituer but they r no same
Jun 13, 2011 09:14
GUEST73234 i dont think that they have totally different culture since chinese,japanese and koreans have some similar festivals
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How similar are Chinese, Korean, Japanese?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code