Menu
Can a foreigner apply for credit card in china?
Sep 9, 2010 09:22
GUESTWILLIAM hello please help me i try to get china visa but i always run in front of fraud master so help me out my email is hotmail.com|jemmies1
Oct 19, 2010 11:41
GUESTMUHAMMA... hello Dear,
I have to stay in Beijing for about 18 months forthe do bussines import and export . I wish to know whether or not I can get a Credit Card through any Chinese bank? I need the card for online shopping purposes.

Thanks and best regard
muhammad amjad
Nov 28, 2010 19:20
GUESTSHAH i am a foreigner here in jiangxi nanchang.. i am a student of western medicine... can i apply for credit card in bank of china..
Nov 28, 2010 20:47
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTSHAH

i am a foreigner here in jiangxi nanchang.. i am a student of western medicine... can i apply for credit card in bank of china..

Foreigners can apply the credit card of BOC as long as you meet the bank’s requirements. You need to offer: 1. valid passport. 2. a copy of your resident permit or permanent resident permit.

The above info is what I know. I suggest you consult with any branch of BOC for detailed info.
Dec 7, 2010 23:49
GUESTNANA AM... hi,am in usa and wanted to buy laptop from china?please is there any shop in china that accepts credit cards?thank you.
Jan 7, 2011 08:34
GUESTMIKE I lived there for eight years, bought an apartment which I still own and getting a credit card was impossible. Construction suggested they might issue one if I left the amount of the credit limit in a 'secure account' which I could only recoup if I returned the card (in other words, a prepaid credit card, effectively). Back in UK now, with a walletfull of plastic. China is backward and there is zero trust.
Mar 24, 2011 21:23
GUESTGUEST001 I was lucky; an arrangement between my school and ICBC allowed me to get an unsecured card without proof of income. Problem is, it's UnionPay only and they're telling me that a dual-currency card (with other logo besides UnionPay) is pretty much unattainable for me. So how would I go about getting a secured card?
Apr 21, 2011 08:36
GUEST09212 Success. 5000RMB security deposit at CCB did the trick. must go to your city's main branch to do it.
Apr 23, 2011 03:27
GUEST15863 That's great news as I have been running around town all day getting mixed messages from all the banks. Paperwork definately will be required but good to know offering a deposit is another alternative.
May 16, 2011 21:01
GUEST71178 Also, do note that your deposit is scalable (you can put in more as needed, but 5k is the minimum) and you get a credit limit equivalent to 80% of your deposit.
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can a foreigner apply for credit card in china?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code