Menu
Free wire transfers from US to China
Jun 23, 2009 23:32
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey whats up,

If you have ever wired funds internationally, you will know that it costs around $45 bucks to do a transfer. But if you are a Bank of America customer, than here is a very little known program that will let you wire money to china with the transfer fee waived only if the recipient is a China Construction Bank account/customer.

This program was started back in 2006 when B of A acquired a huge stake in CCB that started here in the bay area. When I first found out about this program, the local branches that I use were unaware of any program nor did anybody at the B of A call center, the one branch in San Francisco's China Town was able to point me in the right direction.

So if you want to make free wire transfers to a CCB account in China, you will first have to visit your local B of A branch to apply for international wire transfers (bring all necessary paperwork such as drivers license, debit card etc) in person where you will pick your password. B of A will provide a telephone number to call whenever you need to make a wire transfer. There are limits though, 3 wire transfers a month, $1,500 maximum per transfer and $3,000 maximum a month.

If you have any trouble setting up this account, please let me know and I will give you the branch number and bank manager that could speak to the B of A associate who which will undoubtedly be unaware of this program.

Hope that helps :)
Danny
Mar 30, 2010 04:29
GUEST54892 My wife is a Chinese National and I am a US Citizen. I'd like to purchase an apartment with her together in China but she needs about 125,000 USD to do this... can you recommend a good way to transfer these funds over to her? wire limits of 3000 USD are just not going to cut it. I have to get the money to her no later than april 15, and its already March 29
Mar 30, 2010 04:30
GUEST54892
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST54892 View Post

My wife is a Chinese National and I am a US Citizen. I'd like to purchase an apartment with her together in China but she needs about 125,000 USD to do this... can you recommend a good way to transfer these funds over to her? wire limits of 3000 USD are just not going to cut it. I have to get the money to her no later than april 15, and its alr...

my email is SCN.ORG|bc154
Apr 6, 2010 16:42
GUEST65170 Hi, thanks for posting this information.
I was wondering after setting up the account, do I have to visit BOA in person for each wire transfer? Can I transfer the money online? And what's the US-RMB currency conversion rate? is there any other fee charged?

Thanks a lot.

Jun 25, 2010 12:57
GUEST26156 you know what, i just did the telephone wire transfer from BofA to china construction bank, the people in china construction bank don't know anything about the telephone wire transfer, so my sister cannot get the money. headache,i don't know what to do now. if i cancel the wire, they said they could not guarantee if china construction bank will return the money, and i have to pay $25 for each transaction. i wonder if anybody did the telephone wire transfer from bank of america to china construction bank?
Jul 25, 2010 17:07
GUEST09796 I chatted with Bank of America customer service representative online. I was told that the free wire transfer is only for California. Not other states of US.
Oct 21, 2010 14:13
GUEST81201 Hi, Please email the branch number and bank manager sice bank of america customer service don't know this program. my email are sina.com|yuru19592000 & yahoo.com|yuru19592000.

Thanks!

Yuru
Nov 3, 2010 21:23
GUEST46151 Hello,

Do you know how much the Bank of America will chare me if I want to transfer $200 to Bank of China? I am in Virginia.
Thank you!
My email: gmail.com|theodora715
Jan 17, 2011 20:01
GUEST25203 Hi,
Yes, I am very interested.
Can you please let me know the BOA branch and manager contact, who knows about this program?
Thanks,
Don
Feb 8, 2011 19:03
GUEST98014 Hi,

I am in San Francisco area. Want to transfer some money from my BoA account to my CCB account, can you share the banch center and the manager contact who is aware of this program? Thanks! My email is gmail.com|sunfire1800.
Mar 3, 2011 19:27
GUEST08242 Hi,

I'm living in Santa Clara - a city close to San Jose. Am I able to wire transfer to China Construction Bank for free?

Could you tell me the phone number who is aware of this?
email: gmail.com|elfenliedsp

Thanks!
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Free wire transfers from US to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code