Menu
Chinese like western food, showing face or enjoying taste?
Oct 11, 2010 04:31
GUEST8285
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

I think the eating of western food issue is too late. I recdently saw a documentary showing overweight Chinese kids who now like KFC or Mac food.

We all know that food in KFC or Mac are junk food. But we still eat them and let our kids eat them.
Oct 15, 2010 08:01
  • ARIESBUNNY

Yes, you do know some chinese, and they do live such a life as you have described. But can a group of people stand for all Chinese people? Do you think you know the life of all walks of chinese people?

Have you ever had meals in some crowded famous chinese restaurants? Actually some of them might be really luxury. Why those chinese choose the have well-groomed ,tasty and healthy quality meals there regardless of the high price?

The way to look at the world, the attitude to life and health and the method to value , can be so different from class to class .

Every country has such kind of people , not but China.

Thanks.
Mar 16, 2012 09:40
GUEST11591

How can you be so narrow minded to call Mc Donald and KFC "western" food.

Firstly, the west does not only consist of America , second: American food does not only consist of KFC and Mc Do

Chinese food is also dripping with fat in cheap restaurants. But there are good dishes and bad dishes just as there are good cooks and bad cooks all over the world.
Ever heard of Italian cuisine, what about French,....there is a lot more variety than in most chinese restaurants.
Please educate yourself about Western Food, go to a good italian, french, spanish Restaurant in Europe. Then you will learn what western food is, widen your horizon and stop using stereotypes. .. MC DO is not western food..its only a business model ....most western educated people criticise it just the way you do.
Mar 17, 2012 00:59
Have been to MC and KFC many times but never thought of showing face or enjoying its taste. I just like its inner environment. Very clean! And it is a good place for me and my friends to chat, haha.
Sep 11, 2013 08:55
GUEST00181 in many cases they do it to show face but for sure not in KFC and Mc or shit like that. when they want to do it for show they will do it in the proper way. people who goes to KFC and Mc goers there fpor the taste of it
Sep 11, 2013 21:52
  • JIMMYB
The food in the KFC or Mc Donalds are tasteless. They are high-caloric fast food.
Jul 3, 2020 06:36
GUEST75127 Actually Chinese food is a lot I healthier than you think, more oil and grease than any other food I’ve experienced. Honestly the average oil content in a any fried dish here is about the same a few McDonald’s meals. The ideas are healthy but they looooooove their oil. I’ve lived here for 8 years now with my wife, she’s from Tianjin and we both try to avoid the oily foods here, hard to do when they taste so good. So for us cooking western food is our healthy option, we even lost a lot of weight when we stopped eating Chinese food . The biggest issue is chines people think that all western food is just fast food. They don’t have much insight into the vast range of European food we have ....
Jun 1, 2021 20:54
  • BRACKWOM
McDonald's, KFC, Starbucks, and Pizza Hut are famous nowadays. As per my opinion, they also like the taste. I like both because both are tasty at their place.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese like western food, showing face or enjoying taste?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code