Menu
hiv+ and going to china
Feb 25, 2005 10:44
  • SDDARKMAN619
I understand anyone with HIV will not be permitted access to china. but has anyone ever gone there and not declared their HIV status and gotten in anyway?
thanks.
Feb 25, 2005 12:20
  • JOHNNY512
It seems that u are suspicious of chinese inspecting system?

Feb 26, 2005 19:14
  • CHINAGURL
SDDARKMAN

You only need to declare you HIV status if you plan on working in China on a Z visa. It's impossible to get away with not telling them about your HIV status because in order to get a Z visa you need to submit to a medical examination, part of which includes having an HIV test. (I know of one school who unwittingly brought an HIV positive teacher from somewhere in Africa. When the medical results came back in, they had to force him to leave the country and they were heavily fined.)

If you're just coming to travel on an L visa you don't need to worry about your HIV status. Be, as I'm sure you always are, a responsible citizen while you're here and have a great trip!
Nov 19, 2013 03:54
GUESTLU as of October 2013 the information in blogs can be confusing, for tourist visas no restricitons (visit http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-04/29/content_9788598.htm), for Z visa and work permit, everyone seems to have different ideas and say different things. So far, I had take HIV test within a month of my arrival to apply for residence in China. I tested positive and was asked to take a "confirmation test" which was also positive. The health officers look and sound very knowledgeable and professional. The information is kept confidential as to avoid affecting your stay and work in China, (according to health center, effective since 2007). It is aso confusing the reason for the health check as they found other small "abnormalities". As for for HIV treatment, government owned hospitals would not provide monitoring virus' levels or treatment, even at your own expense. Health officials at the International medical center inform the "patient"/ carrier to seek medical help "in home country" or out of CHina since "private hospitals are not too good".
Post a Reply to: hiv+ and going to china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code