Menu
From Shanghai to Suzhou
Sep 30, 2009 05:19
Dear All,

I am travelling to Shanghai for job purpose and plan to go to Suzhou on weekends. Can someone please let me know how can I get to Suzhou from Shanghai and go back to Shanghai later?

I heard before it is difficult to buy train ticket,is it true? Any alternative transport?

I am also planning to get wedding gown and qi pao, any suggeted place in Suzhou or Shanghai?
Oct 1, 2009 02:11
GUEST22781 At this time of year (Golden Week) most of China is travelling so unless you hire a private car you may run into crowds and possible difficulties obtaining tickets, but I think you can do it. Just go to the main Shanghai railway station and book a ticket for the next fast train. There are many trains.

If not during these October holidays it should be no problem. Good luck!
Oct 9, 2009 20:34
  • ELLYSE
When would you be coming here? How long would your work trip be?
D train tickets should be bought in advance if you want to be guaranteed of seats. If you're not picky about waiting, speed of trains or standing, then you mightn't have major problems. Otherwise, go by bus which's slower but easier to buy tickets for.
In Shanghai, try the South Bund Fabric Market at 399 Lujiabang Lu. In Suzhou, try Huqiu Lu where there're a host of bridal gown tailoring shops.
If you've any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg KatherineLau12) in the subject line.
Jan 21, 2010 02:31
GUEST31247 how to go from shanghai to zhouzhuang ?
plan to go to suzhou and then zhouzhuang and then back to shanghai in 1 day.
advisable ?
Jan 21, 2010 03:00
  • ELLYSE
Doing Suzhou and Zhouzhuang in a day is possible but not recommended at all.
There're a number of ways to go from Shanghai to Zhouzhuang. By a combination of train and taxi via Suzhou, by bus from Shanghai, etc.
Jan 21, 2010 11:46
GUEST17464 After you get out of the train station in Suzhou, walk passed the local buses and cross the foot bridge to the right. There is a small bus stand there along the south side of the canal with buses to Zhouzhuang.
Would not recommend trying to visit both places in one day. Depending on what you want to see in Suzhou, you could spend several days there exploring around.
Post a Reply to: From Shanghai to Suzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code