Menu
Do you feel annoyed?
Nov 9, 2009 02:39
  • JIMMYB
Have you met any flight attendants who sell wares on the plane? Are you bothered by them? Ms Ji, who flied from Harbin to Shanghai, was annoyed with the stewardesses on the plane. After the plane took off, Ms Ji planed to have a short rest but she found that she couldn’t fall asleep because the broadcast kept broadcasting promotion ads almost an hour. Then the stewardesses started to sell goods. Ms Ji said that she couldn’t bear this.

However, the airline company said that the passengers could choose other airlines if they couldn’t accept this. They also said that the low-cost airlines in Europe and US sold things on the plane too.

Do you feel annoyed if you were Ms Ji? Actually, the train conductors do the same thing. Every time I get back home by train, I can see them selling socks, special local products, souvenirs and other things to the passengers. Once a train conductor fired a pair of socks to prove that they were made of pure cotton. To be honest, I am quite bothered by them.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Nov 9, 2009 02:41
Nov 16, 2009 18:10
  • LIZXLI
Personally I don't have much chance of taking plane.So I am not so lucky enough to meet this kind of act.hehe...
Nov 16, 2009 19:51
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by LIZXLI

Personally I don't have much chance of taking plane.So I am not so lucky enough to meet this kind of act.hehe...

Hehe, my best friend took the plane several times and he did see the stewardess selling things on the plane. Usually, the prices are very high.

I really hate those guys who sell things on the train, especially during the Spring Festival Transport period. The train is already overcrowded. They still push a small cart to sell drinks and snacks. I don't know how they could pass through the carriages.
Nov 16, 2009 23:55
  • DODGER
I found myself traveling on a bus years ago in Taiwan, and it wasn’t a tourist bus either.
Two hours into the journey, the conductress came down the gangway carrying a bucket of water and a plastic cup.. I was more than happy to see her.
Maybe we are all getting a bit soft?
Dodger.
Nov 25, 2009 01:06
  • CHERRY07
I haven't got a chance to travel by plane. However, I do take the train to travel.

Dodger, I know you are happy to see her because she serves you with water. What if she persuades you to buy some socks from her? I met some conductors on the train promotes some socks or souvenirs to the customers. It's annoying.
Nov 25, 2009 02:23
  • DODGER
Cherry, American immigration officials are far worse than some poor conductor who’s been instructed to sell stuff that no one once to buy.
There but for the grace of God, or fate, it could have been me selling those socks.
I think we should give them a break. There’re just trying to make a living.
Dodger.
Nov 25, 2009 02:26
  • HERBEAT
I know it's annoying but you know what? I found some top quality socks on the train several years ago! I tried to find them again but I don't think I'm lucky enough...
Nov 25, 2009 21:29
  • JIMMYB
Herbeat, why not take the train again? Perhaps, you will find these top quality socks again.
Nov 25, 2009 23:55
  • HERBEAT
I took that train several times but I was not that lucky^-^ But seriously those socks are really nice...
Nov 26, 2009 03:26
  • DODGER
So this is now a sock thread??
Dodger.
Nov 26, 2009 03:35
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

So this is now a sock thread??
Dodger.

Hehe, we can change it to a "bucket and water" thread if you like.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you feel annoyed?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code