Menu
Ferry from HK Airport to Macau
Jan 6, 2010 03:30
  • TANGO_AU
Hi All,

My wife and I are arriving at HK International airport around 9:30-10pm and we want to go directly to Macau rather than a night's hotel in HK. Checking the turbojetseaexpress site, the last ferry is at 10pm so I'm not sure if we'll make it. I would be much appreciated for any advice on the following questions:

Are there any other way of getting to Macau at a later time?
How much time do I need before boarding time closed on the turbojet ferry?
Is it worth paying the extra HDK$100 for Super Class given it's only an hour trip?

http://www.turbojetseaexpress.com/eng/schedule/airport.html

Many thanks in advance,
Jan 6, 2010 04:24
  • ELLYSE
There's no direct transport from Hong Kong airport to Macau at that late hour. Try getting to one of the ferry terminals in town for a late-night sailing to Macau.
Jan 7, 2010 23:18
Like Ellyse mentions, the only way to get to Macau would be from Hong Kong Island (i.e. Shun Tak Centre) or Kowloon Ferry Terminal.

In my experience, the easiest and fastest way would be to take a bus to Shun Tak Centre. You can choose from buses:
A11: HK$40 - takes 35 minutes
E11: HK$21 - takes 55 minutes, but is slightly more frequent

When you arrive at Shun Tak Centre, you simply need to go upstairs to purchase your tickets on TurboJet. Ferries leave every 15 minutes or so.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend spending the extra HK$100. Regular class is very comfortable with cushy seats and plenty of space.

Note that in Macau most taxi drivers don't speak English. They know "Venetian", "Sands", "MGM" and a few other major hotels, but if you're staying somewhere else be sure you have the address in Chinese. If you're staying at one of the bigger hotels, they often have shuttle buses that run from the ferry terminal.
Jan 8, 2010 09:17
  • WANHU
Even 3-star like Best Western in Taipa also provides free shuttle.
Wan
Jan 8, 2010 09:26
  • CHINAHAO
From Mongkok Hostel to Shun Tak Centre takes how long?
during chinese new year is the price will rise?

I'm staying in 2star ole London Hotel, do they offer free shuttle?

Jan 8, 2010 09:39
  • WANHU
The trick of the trade is find the nearest 3 or 4-star hotel near to Ole London. You may take free shuttle and walk to your reserved hotel. Some friends did that before. Anyway I'm sure it's in the centre of the city and most stage buses ply that route.
Wan
Jan 8, 2010 09:53
  • CHINAHAO
Oh, thats great !

Wan, thank you very much ! :)
Jan 8, 2010 09:57
  • WANHU
With your visits of these three places (SZ,. HK and Macau) you must have lots of money, haha.
Wan
Jan 8, 2010 10:05
  • CHINAHAO
Hey wan, u r not bad too travel 4 times in just december last year?
Haha..

I damn love china , a lot better than malaysia... ops?! ;x

Jan 9, 2010 09:18
  • WANHU
China
I travel cheap because I used AirAsia and booked around six months before my travel, so I only paid less than RMB500 for Kuala Lumpur-Shenzhen-Kuala Lumpur. Usually in December I would be in China for a month because the weather not too cold around Shenzhen or Guangzhou. It's good to plan early.
Wan
Jan 10, 2010 01:50
  • CHINAHAO
Ya, you are right. Is good weather to visit china south during december,shopping in china is like singaporean shop in malaysia loh.., i like that kind of feeling. haha! feel so rich & cool ! :)
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ferry from HK Airport to Macau
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code