Menu
Should i go to Taiwan
Jan 26, 2010 12:26
  • BWINKS
Okay so... I have absolutely no clue what the political situation in Tiawan is (according to Wikipedia, its utterly confusing)... so do i need a visa in order to visit the island?

If anyone has visited the island, is it worth the cost (I'd be flying there from shanghai). Is the price of transportation,food, and hotels as cheap as it is in China? Or is it expesive like in Japan?

Thanks
Jan 26, 2010 18:42
  • ELLYSE
Do you have a single-entry visa for China? If you do, then don't go. Otherwise you won't be able to get back to Shanghai after going to Taiwan.
Taiwan isn't as expensive as Japan, that's for sure. But it's definitely not as cheap as in most areas of China. I would put it as around a little more expensive than Shanghai, similar to Singapore.
Jan 27, 2010 08:19
  • BWINKS
Interesting....

Maybe I will put it in my itinerary for my second round to asia... So tell me ... is singapore a good place to travel?
Jan 27, 2010 11:40
  • ELLYSE
BTW, for that list of "don't-visit-otherwise-you'll-lose-your-visa" places, add Macau and Hong Kong.
If you don't already have a plane ticket leaving from Shanghai, then feel free to fly out from Taiwan, Macau or Hong Kong, so you could go travel there after your semester is done.
Singapore? Not particularly interesting, I'd say. Although our Tourism Board tries their best to make it otherwise, or at least seem otherwise.
Jan 29, 2010 00:35
GUEST52074 Depends on your interest.

Singapore is a very advanced and developed country with a perfect system. There is no rural areas in Singapore. Their 3 zoos are world class. Even MJ was rejected when he try top get the government to close a day just for his group. heard something new is opening in Singapore very soon. I am never tired of Singapore. Their food are the best and has the best varieties in all of Asia. 2 - 3 days is enough due to their fast and efficient transport system. Even 1 day is wotrth a visit.

Taiwan's natural attractions are nowhere as good as China but the BEST of China's antiques are all in Taipei museum now. Their Taraoko gorge is the best attractions. Definitely cheaper than Singaopore, except for Taipei which is comparable. Their Chinese are very friendly and more polished, unlikle those rude Chinese in China. They have rural areas but far better people or system than China's.

I will visit both Singapore and Taiwan too just to know there are some "different" Chinese outside China.

Jan 31, 2010 07:49
  • ELLYSE
If you want rural areas in Singapore, you could try heading to Pulau Ubin (an island off the northeast shore) or Lim Chu Kang.
3 zoos? I presume you included the zoo and night safari, but what's the 3rd one?
"Even MJ was rejected when he try top get the government to close a day just for his group." --> close what? Not the government?!
Other than Singapore and Taiwan, there're also considerable Chinese communities in various other countries in the world, such as Canada (Vancouver and Toronto especially), the USA, Australia, Malaysia and so on.
Dec 1, 2012 16:14
  • ADNANMALIK
have a nice day
i want to go to taiwan to business i have multipul visa in china how i got taiwan visa

adnan malik
Post a Reply to: Should i go to Taiwan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code