Menu
Yangtze Cruise and Zhangjiajie
Feb 16, 2010 18:54
  • BIGR00STER
What to do get some tips from other fourm members on some tips for our coming trip to Yangtze River and Zhangjiajie.
We have a reward tickets going into Chongqing either on Saturday or Wednesday by SilkAir. Our current plan is
- start the cruise from Chongqing and spent three days on the yangtze river and get out from Yichang
- take a train (or bus) from Yichang to zhangjiajie and spent couple of days return to Chongqing to catch flight back to Singapore.
Here are my questions: 1) what are the available train schedule from Yichang to Zhangjiajie after 1.30 pm. 2) what are the travelers hotels in Zhangjiajie both in the city and in the park. 3) what are the daily available flight from Zhangjiajie to Chong qing? 4) the fares of the above. 5) any comment on my itinrary? too rush? problem in connecting transportation. I welcome any tips and comment

Feb 16, 2010 21:38
  • ELLYSE
1) Pretty limited. Wait for the overnight option and pray that you get sleeper tickets: train 1257 (2357--0510, 5h13min)
3) When would you be travelling?
4) Flight depends on amount of discount available when you buy. For train, please specfy if you want hard seat, hard sleeper or soft sleeper.
5) I NEVER recommend 3 Gorges cruise, found it a waste of my time and money. If you want to see my full trip report and candid photos (or want to ask me any other questions), email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg BigR00ster) in the subject line.
Feb 18, 2010 07:31
GUEST58208 second half of March to be in zhangjiajie, what are the hotels available in both city and in the park?
Feb 18, 2010 07:33
  • BIGR00STER
I will be in Zhangjiajie sometime second half of March..any hotels to recommend in the city and park
Feb 19, 2010 00:16
  • ELLYSE
Have not been to Zhangjiajie so no accommodation to recommend there.
There might not be direct flights for Xi'an -- Zhangjiajie. Airline schedules will change for the season near that date and I don't currently see any flights for that route in late March.
Post a Reply to: Yangtze Cruise and Zhangjiajie
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code