Menu
Who owns the great wall of china???
Mar 10, 2005 18:59
  • JASON70
Hey guys

Im doing an assignment on The Great Wall of China and I've got a question on who is the stakeholders of The Great Wall of China.
(stakeholder means is anyone that has an intrest in the site)such as tourists, the goverment,indegious groups inviromental societies, historical preservation societies developers, traval agents.
Can you guys help me with any information cause my assignment is due very soon
Can you please reply A.S.A.P

Thanks for your help
Jason Black
Mar 11, 2005 09:19
  • PEPPERMINT
The owner right should belong to the state but the operation righ may belong to the tourims bureau or concerned organization.
Mar 11, 2005 09:53
  • COLLINS
Hi Jason
The Great Wall of China has several sections in different provinces of China. Take the Great Wall sections in Beijing as an example - Badaling, Mutianyu, Simatai, Jinshanling, etc.
Their management rights belong to different tourism agents, or companies.
Mar 11, 2005 17:01
  • PEPPERMINT
hi, collins, i have a question. So these agencies can addd or build anything to the cultural relics?
Do they have to ask for permission for any change or building?
Mar 14, 2005 09:37
  • COLLINS
Hi peppermint,
The Great Wall of China is the culture relics and the treasure of the country, even the whole world. Any changes to it should be approved by the relevant governmental departments and administration of cultural heritage. Any individuals or groups have not rights to rebuild the Great Wall. Any restoration work on the Great Wall should be under the supervision of Great Wall experts-for the utmost completion of the ancient culture relics.
Mar 14, 2005 09:55
  • PEPPERMINT
that's, of course, very reassuring.
Do u think it is possible that a visit to the Great Wall is free and the money for maintenance comes from the government and donation? Since as u have alreay said, this is a heritage of the world people. Info has it that in order to better preserve this heritage, the entrance fee will be raised. Then, to me, this is to deprive the poor of the right to access to the public heritage.
Wat do u think of?
Mar 14, 2005 10:13
  • MERMAID
hi, jason, r all these info u need? i bet u will get more confused after reading all these but that will help ur article to be sharper, right?
Mar 14, 2005 10:48
  • COLLINS
Hi Dear Peppermint,
Are you also interested in the Great Wall?

As far as I know, it has been proved that government support and donations from people are far from enough for the maintenance and protection of the Great Wall. Some segments of the Great Wall are in dilapidated status.

As for raising the entrance fee, different people have different ideas. In my opinion, the most important thing is to enhance people's consciousness on the Great Wall protection. The final purpose of raising the fee is for the completeness of the Wall. Every tourist including us had better do something for the protection of the Great Wall.
Have you even been to the Great Wall? which part(s) do you like most?
Mar 14, 2005 11:01
  • PEPPERMINT
Well, i have been to Old Dragon Head, Shanhaiguan Pass, Beihaihe, Qinhuangdao.
It is hard to say like or dislike.
People's consciouness is much more empty than tax payers' pocket.
If people are deprived of the right to access to it, how can they foster a deep feeling for it?
Sep 30, 2008 12:23
GUESTKALI who built the great wall of china
Oct 25, 2008 11:47
  • ELLYSE
Various rulers throughout the history of China.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who owns the great wall of china???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code