Menu
What’s Your Favorite Summer Holiday Destination in China?
Jun 21, 2010 02:33
  • JIMMYB
Well, I wouldn't visit Zhouzhuang if I really want to see the watertown in South China. Zhouzhuang is totally different from what it's like before. If you really want to taste a water town, Xitang (西塘) or Wuzhen (乌镇) is a better choice. Just go there as soon as you can.

When a tourist spot is known to everyone, it will be destroyed quickly. Its original folkway and wonderful culture will soon disappear. Commercialization can bring money. In the meantime, it will let something lost forever.
Jun 21, 2010 20:49
  • LARRYLIN
Northern of China is not worth traveling in Summer,I should suggest you go to there in winter at that time, it will be more interesting
Jun 21, 2010 21:04
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYLIN

Northern of China is not worth traveling in Summer,I should suggest you go to there in winter at that time, it will be more interesting

Well, you may go to Xinjiang and Tibet at this time. It is summer time but also the best time to explore the Heavenly Lake, Grape Valley and pastures.
Jun 21, 2010 21:53
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYLIN

Well, because people enjoy challenges. I hate cold in winter, heat in summer as well. And changes in temperature do affect me a lot. So, I prefer places where the climate is mild, or just stay at home instead. For me, is there any good destination??
Jun 21, 2010 22:20
  • MARRIE
JimmyB, the water culture is derived from Ancient Shao Xing City, a well known tourist destination that is famous for its yellow rice wine, bridges, pubs, literrate, politicians, calligrapher , Chinese gardenings and pavilions...oh plus Shao Xing opera
Jun 22, 2010 08:11
  • RICHARD121
The natural spots in China attract you to visit there. Just forget summers’ hot breezes when the scenic beauty is in front. There are many places to freak out in China like Jiuzhaigou Valley is one of them. It is a place with wonderful landscape hills and rivers. Other hot spots to visit are Kunming in YunNan province and Zhouzhuang.
Jun 22, 2010 21:26
  • JIMMYB
Marrie, Shaoxing is also worth a visit. It is not far away from Wuzhen. around two hours by bus.
Jun 22, 2010 21:44
  • CALIFORNIA
I think the northeast is better! Not in the big cities!!! I suggest that you can go to visit the forest area and grassland:-)
Jun 22, 2010 22:13
  • MARRIE
If u travel in Shanghai, driving by yourself along East China Sea Bridge is a great expereince.
Wiki
Donghai Bridge (simplified Chinese: 东海大桥; traditional Chinese: 東海大橋; pinyin: Dōnghǎi Dàqiáo; literally "East Sea Grand Bridge") was the longest cross-sea bridge in the world until Hangzhou Bay Bridge opened on 1 May 2008. It was completed on December 10, 2005. It has a total length of 32.5 kilometres (20.2 miles) and connects mainland Shanghai and the offshore Yangshan deep-water port in China. Most of the bridge is a low-level viaduct. There are also cable-stayed sections to allow for the passage of large ships, largest with span of 420 m.

Jun 22, 2010 22:22
  • COOLSPRINGS
When visiting Shanghai, Chongming Island is one of the must tourist spots.

Shanghai Daily

Taste the beauty of Chongming Island
(Shanghai Daily)
Updated: 2004-07-19 09:57

Chongming's Dong Ping National Forestry Park.
Well-known for vast green woods, fertile soil, whirling reeds and crossing rivers, Chongming Island is also a paradise for "belly-gods."

Hairy crabs are among the island's numerous food products, yet the fresh water crustaceans have, by far, the best reputation.

At the mouth of the Yangtze River, Chongming or the "Shangri-la of Shanghai" as it claims to be, has a pleasant climate, loamy land and sufficient water.

It's an ideal environment for hairy crabs.

Food is abundant for the little crustacean. Seaweed, rotted plants, as well as plankton, clams and mussels are found in large supplies.

The area is also one of the biggest breeding grounds for baby crabs in the country.

Page 3 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What’s Your Favorite Summer Holiday Destination in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code