Menu
Questions about domestic flights - Ctrip.com, etc...
Jun 14, 2010 03:20
  • TEXAS80
I'm looking for the best way to book and purchase Chinese domestic flights for October 2010. Ctrip seems to be the cheapest. Is Ctrip the best way to book domestic flights in China? Also what are your experiences flying within China and at the airports? I'm looking to do the following while in China:

HKG-CAN ($130) Dragonair
SZX-CKG ($109) Sichuan Airlines
CKG-XIY ($61) China West Air
XIY-PVG ($170) China Southern
SHA-PEK ($178) China Eastern

It's interesting how Kayak.com will report $195 for the same SZX-CKG flight. With all that said, thanks in advance for your help.
Jun 14, 2010 05:56
  • ELLYSE
Why fly for HKG-CAN? It would be easier and much cheaper to go by train or bus instead.
Instead of only SHA, you can also look into PVG-PEK, or go by overnight train. The train is definitely cheaper. Same goes for XIY-PVG, ovenight train would be cheaper.
Jun 14, 2010 11:26
  • TEXAS80
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLYSE

Why fly for HKG-CAN? It would be easier and much cheaper to go by train or bus instead.
Instead of only SHA, you can also look into PVG-PEK, or go by overnight train. The train is definitely cheaper. Same goes for XIY-PVG, ovenight train would be cheaper.

Hi Ellyse, thanks for your input. I love to fly and check out different airports/airlines so hence the HKG-CAN and other connections. Let's just say when it comes airplanes I'm a nerd.

Would you or anyone else agree that Ctrip is the best and most reliable place to purchase domestic tickets online. I'd hate to get to the airport with a confirmation number and realize that one of them is not valid.
Post a Reply to: Questions about domestic flights - Ctrip.com, etc...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code