Menu
location of the great wall
Apr 12, 2004 17:28
  • MLTR
Where exactly the great wall of china located. And what is the address to the that location.

Apr 12, 2004 17:28
  • ANNIE
The Great Wall is so gigantic a project! It extends about 5,000 kilometers in China, crossing several provinces. The most famous sections are all around Beijing. Browse the great wall column of the site for more info.
Apr 12, 2004 17:31
  • SMILINGTEDDY
Called "Chang Cheng" by Chinese people, Great Wall is about 6,700 kilometers in length from east to west across five provinces.

You can choose different section according to your constitution. Generally speaking, Badaling Section is much easier than others. Before hiking there are some points you should notice, you can visit http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/china-great-wall/index.htm

To get to Badaling Great Wall you can get a tour arranged from your hotel. If you want to go it alone you can get a bus from various places around the city.
Another option is to rent a taxi for the day. We have successfully rented a 1.60RMB taxi for the day for 400RMB. For this price the taxi will take you there, wait for as many hours as you'd like, and then return. If you use the meter it will cost near 800RMB to get there and back, so negotiate with the driver first, and pay at the end of the day.

The Great Wall is extremely hard work. Some sections have steps and railings, other sections are just gradual steep slopes. Be prepared for extreme temperatures. If you go in summer you will be fried by the sun, in winter you will have a biting wind, extreme sub-zero temperatures, snow and ice.
Apr 12, 2004 17:51
  • MAXI
Hi,
I am curious to know how to get to the Great Wall. Are there buses going there and do different buses go to different sections of the Wall? What are these buses, how do I find out more about them and how reliable are they in terms of frequency, punctuality, etc.?

Alternatively, taxis. How safe is it for a single lady or 2 ladies to travel in a taxi there?
Apr 12, 2004 17:53
  • DAISY
Yes, there are so many different buses to different sections of Great Wall.You can take one where you are. But they are limited by tome.
Please set your heart at rest! Beijing drivers are very friendly!

Apr 12, 2004 18:02
  • AUSTIN
I have always gone to the Great Wall by hiring a taxi for the day. This can be done from a lot of places in Beijing; however, a tourist might find it harder to get a good price. The going rate nowadays is between 300-350 RMB ($37-$43) for a round trip visit (it’s about a 1 ?hour ride from Beijing to Badaling). Once you get there, the admission fee is around 40RMB ($5). However, if you a not planning on spending a lot of time at the Great Wall, then this is one of the few times that I would recommend using a tour agency. The most common tour is a day trip including a tour of the Great Wall and the Ming Tombs. I have never actually been on the tour but I have been informed that it includes admission to both of the attractions, transportation and lunch.

I have enjoyed my experiences at the Great Wall and would recommend it to anyone that comes to China.

Birmingham, AL
Apr 13, 2004 08:53
  • SONATA
Do u mean any part of Great Wall specifically?
I am planning to see Huontang, is it very bad???
Apr 13, 2004 08:55
  • PETER
We went to the train station and next to that is the bus station. We took the Chinese bus and only paid $8.00 2 years ago it is listed in the guide book. It would be wise to go the day before and check it out as you have to go and be there around 7 am. It was a great day and educated people from all over CHina were on the bus and the crew were most helpful and we did the whole tour with the ming tombs and all.
Nov 27, 2007 10:30
GUEST43194 How far is the Great Wall from Suzhou?
Nov 27, 2007 21:52
  • ELLYSE
Very far. Overnight train to Beijing to start with.
Mar 27, 2009 16:34
GUEST44231 lol Huontang that cool.i'd love to go to china and see the great wall.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: location of the great wall
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code