Menu
Going to China for 1 month. Any advice? companions?
Mar 20, 2011 15:40
guestDarren Hi

I am flying to Shanghai on the 6th April until 4th May 11. I have no real plans but would hope to make it as far as Chengdu and back via trains. Is this too far to go in a month? if so, do you know any cheap flight websites that can get me one way?

I have travelled before but never alone so would like to maybe meet up with someone who might be on the route?

Thanks in advance

Daz
Mar 21, 2011 01:44
Daz,

I don't know what you need exactly, just want a companion or maybe translator and guide? if to be the latter, you can contact me. I am living in Shanghai.

BTW, welcome to China!
Mar 23, 2011 16:50
  • ANTHONYM
Hey there,

I am arriving May 29th myself. I think I am going to just try and meet up with new people I meet and see where it takes me. At present I am seeking to find extremely affordable accomodations. Its a daunting task. Anyway. let me know if you want to meet up and hang out in Shanghai and go check it out. I have been there before so I have a tiny bit of experience there.

Anthony
Mar 23, 2011 18:25
  • SHARPTING
Hi Anthony

I think that will be what I am destined to do also. Hopefully there will be lots of people to meet while I'm visiting. I have also visited Shanghai in the past but previously as part of a tour.

I will be back in England when you arrive so have a good time and good luck finding somewhere to stay. If your looking for cheap and somewhere to meet people, you may want to try a hostel and see if they have rates for long stays or maybe even some couchsurfing.

Happylife - I am really only in need of a travel friend but thanks for the offer.
Mar 24, 2011 02:37
  • MOMOCHONG1
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTDARREN View Post

Hi

I am flying to Shanghai on the 6th April until 4th May 11. I have no real plans but would hope to make it as far as Chengdu and back via trains. Is this too far to go in a month? if so, do you know any cheap flight websites that can get me one way?

I have travelled before but never alone so would like to maybe meet up with so...

I'm local Chinese guy and you're suggested to travel around some countryside areas in China. Welcome to China!
Mar 25, 2011 21:51
GUEST36239
Hi,it's Lindsay.Im live in Chengdu.
If you'd like to come to Chengdu,maybe you can contact with me for any information.
The train price (electric multiple unit )from SH to CD is about 501RMB(soft seat),1165RMB(soft sleeper)
From PVG to CTU,the full price is 1610(+50+90 tax fee),if you booking is not in the peak time,may have a big discount.
If it isn't clear for you,just email me.
Email:qq.com|298669556
Mar 26, 2011 01:52
  • BL2022
Hi, you have almost a month for the traveling, and that's enough for most major tourists cities in China. No worry. Cheap China flight, you could have a loook here : http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-flights/
Apr 5, 2011 22:40
GUEST95252 There are many countrysides are worth to see. for those big cities , you can spend less time as i think all big cities are similar. but for many non-developed country sides are much more interested for you forengers according to my experience. i can give you some more advices if you are interested , my email gmail.com|joy.bsale
Post a Reply to: Going to China for 1 month. Any advice? companions?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code