Menu
Anyone been to Daqing, Heilongjiang?
Apr 5, 2005 18:55
  • CLEF
Hi,

I may be living in Daqing for about a year.

Is anyone familiar with the Daqing area in the Heilongjiang province?
If you could share with me your knowledge and experiences regarding the area, such as weather, things to do, crime, best way to travel, living conditions and anything else you can muster up I would greatly appreciate it.

Any bit of information you can give me will help, I'm coming from south US and it doesn't snow here and the coldest it gets is maybe 20-30 degrees. It can get up to 110 in the summer. I live in a large city where the population is well over 1,150,000. Though considering china's population this may not be a large city over there.

Maybe give a couple tips on what I should check out while I'm there.
Apr 6, 2005 11:33
  • DEE0228
Daqing is located in the northeast of China which is considered as one the coldest places in the country. Winter is extremely long there, December, January, and February are the coldest. The lowest temperature reaches to -40F degree. Heavy snow can be seen throughout the winter. Daqing is a medium city in Helongjiang province, it's famous for oil fields.

May this site can give you more info
http://eng.daqing.gov.cn/
Apr 6, 2005 16:41
  • CLEF
Thanks for the responce DEE0228

It does seem like quite a jump from my usual weather. A summer averaging at only 76, -40 winters!

Yea I looked over the site before, which is what lad me to post here. As it really only anwsered half of my weather question. It seems like a nice crisp area, has anyone been there? How's the outlook for foreigners?
Post a Reply to: Anyone been to Daqing, Heilongjiang?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code