Menu
Can i travel to Hong Kong with a criminal record, please help!
Jul 14, 2011 15:25
  • MAISIE1
Hello, it would be great if someone could help me.
Me and my boyfriend want to go to Hong Kong for 3-4 months, he lived there till he was 9 so it would be nice to see the place. He has a criminal record and we saw this on the Hong Kong immigration website:
While each application is determined on its individual merits, an applicant should meet normal immigration requirements (such as holding a valid travel document with adequate returnability to his/her country of residence or citizenship; be of clear criminal record and raise no security or criminal concerns to the HKSAR, have no likelihood of becoming a burden on Hong Kong; etc.)
I have emailed the Immigration people and they emailed back saying that would not be able to confirm a pre-arrival clearance.
I was wondering if anyone has gone to Hong Kong with a criminal record?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Jul 14, 2011 20:44
  • HELPER
You boyfriend can try to go to Hong Kong if the immigration people can't confirm a pre-arrival clearance. He don't need to declare that he has a criminal record on the application form.
Jul 22, 2011 17:33
GUEST23137 i have life time deportation order can any body help me how i go again in hong kong but legal wayAny help would be much appreciated!
Jul 23, 2011 01:11
  • CRYSTALRING
It is impossible for you to enter Hong Kong if you have lifetime deportation order.
Nov 11, 2011 10:45
GUEST59144 haha, i have no criminal record in any countries but yet i was being deported twice , luggage being screened and checked more than five time , and the reason they give me was that , i have not met their requirment of entry , haha

simply a bunch of bozo clown working in the immigration department og Hong Kong airport ...
Nov 18, 2011 09:53
GUEST18210 dumbest thing to do anywhere is delcare a criminal record. if they screened people, they simply would not ask on the paper.
Feb 23, 2014 02:12
  • NIKE
Sir Hong Kong immigration give me deporation can I go again Hong Kong .because sir am apply for Macau residance & Macau immigration ask to me get from Hong Kong police headquitor police clearance certificate . Can I make this certifacte or if I can't come come my wife can help me to make this certifacte ? She is Hong Kong residance plz sir help me or give me some advise . If can't make what I tell to Macau immigration ?
Feb 23, 2014 20:03
GUEST9935T Nike, I think you should let your wife ask the HK Immigration Department whether you can still enter HK. As for the police clearance, you can file your application by mail. Here is the detailed information:
http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html
Feb 23, 2014 22:18
  • NIKE
Sir if I can't go Hong Kong & if I can't make this police clearance certifacte after I did I talk to Macau immigration I mens what I talk to them if I can't make this certifacte ? Plz sir give me some idea? Txs
Feb 24, 2014 20:14
GUEST7893 Nike,

If you read the page I posted here, you will know that you can apply for the police clearance certificate without coming to HK. If you were deported, I think you will be not allowed to enter HK for a certain period. After that period, you can go to HK again.

As for your immigration to Macau, I think you'd better get the police clearance first and then have a talk with them. Without the required police clearance, I am afraid that Macau Immigration won't approve your immigration.
Apr 27, 2014 14:00
GUESTANDRA I have an imigration paper before and the iss helping me to feet me in Hkong,but stay for 2 years and the imigratione deported me and my son to back to Indonesia in 2012 so did possible for me and my son to come back to hongkong againt,thanks plis help me
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can i travel to Hong Kong with a criminal record, please help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code