Menu
A question about visa expiration
Aug 13, 2011 17:25
guest19140 Can you enter China on a tourist visa a day before it expires, stay the maximum days specified on the visa, and leave (after the visa expired)?

For example: your visa will expire on Aug 30, 2011. Can you enter China on Aug 29, 2011, then stay 60 days, as allowed on the visa, and leave China at that time (on your expired visa)?
Aug 15, 2011 14:23
GUEST75119 To the best of my knowledge you have to exit China on or before the expiry date, otherwise a (say) 30 day visa would not be a 30 day visa. You can however extend a tourist visa twice whilst you are in China.
Aug 25, 2011 22:55
GUEST19140
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST75119

To the best of my knowledge you have to exit China on or before the expiry date, otherwise a (say) 30 day visa would not be a 30 day visa. You can however extend a tourist visa twice whilst you are in China.

Not true.
I asked the clerk at the Chinese Consulate, when I was applying for a visa today, and this is what she said:

You must enter China befor the visa expires. You can stay in China, with an expired visa up to the number of days mentioned in the visa and exit on/before the last day.

I forgot to ask about possible extentions once I'm in China, so I'll ask them this question when I pick up my passport.
Aug 26, 2011 05:57
One of the big problems foreigners experience in China, is dealing with visa issues and visa applications. Here at Easy Way we can help you with all sorts of visa applications to make sure your stay in China is secure and as comfortable as can be.

Basically, in China we deal with 4 kinds of visas which make your stay in China legal:

1. F visa, which is issued to foreigners to visit China for business reasons. The length of the business visa varies from a period as short as 1 month to a length of 1 year. These can all be arranged with the help of Easy Way.

2. The L visa is issued for the purpose of travelling through China. These visas can be issued to foreigners rather easily. However, when the time comes that an L visa becomes a problem, contact us.

3. An X visa is a visa which is issued to those who have wishes to study as a foreigner in a Chinese school or University. This is also amongst one of the options which we offer for visa application.

4. A Z visa is one of the most difficult visa’s to apply for as it is issued to those who wish to legally work in a Chinese company. There are a lot of regulations and rules to applying for this Z visa an ever after applying for the Z visa (outside of China), you are then requested to extend the length of this visa to a year. This extension is called the Residence permit, which is effectively all that you wish to receive when applying for a Z visa.

The rules and regulations are constantly changing and can almost be called “perpetuum immobile”. Therefore, great advice and help during this rather troublesome but required process is most wanted. Easy Way will offer this service with any Visa Application so that the process will go as smoothly as possible. Call us and now and let us guide you all the way.
Aug 26, 2011 07:38
  • KELVINPL80
We all are planning for China Tour. But we don't have any idea about visa formalities of China. Is there anyone who can give the information about it?
Aug 26, 2011 08:51
GUEST19140
Quote:

Originally Posted by KELVINPL80

We all are planning for China Tour. But we don't have any idea about visa formalities of China. Is there anyone who can give the information about it?

If you book a trip with a group, the travel agent can arrange your visas, for a fee.
If you travel without a group, just you and your family or friends, you'll find all the information you need at the Chinese Consulate website.
I just happened to live not far from a Chinese Consulate, so I went in person.
Sep 1, 2011 03:41
GUEST28237 wath happens if one visas expired for 6 days?

is there any problem..............................
Sep 1, 2011 03:49
GUEST4565
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST28237

wath happens if one visas expired for 6 days?

is there any problem..............................

You will be fined and granted with a 10 day exit visa, which means you have to exit China in 10 days. If you overstay very long, you will get a red stamp on your passport. Congratulations, you will be on the black list. I guess that you will have no chance to enter China again.
Sep 8, 2011 12:34
  • SADAR654
Quote:

Originally Posted by KELVINPL80

You can solve your matter of visa procedure here http://www.globalvisas.com/

Sep 8, 2011 16:54
GUESTBLESSING So true. Honesty and eevryhting recognized.
Oct 7, 2015 11:56
GUEST32191 Enter before Oct 8 in china visa , can I enter on the same date I.e on 8th oct
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A question about visa expiration
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code