Menu
need help from expats who knows about Changsha
Jun 11, 2012 22:22
  • SHINKI
hi, after staying 4 years in Guangzhou, my husband and i are planning moving to Changsha.

I am actually from Hunan, my husband is english.but I have no idea about in Changsha where to find real western kind of places (shops where sell western stuff, resturants or bars). It would be very helpful if anybody can give me more information . Thank you very much!!!
Last edited by SHINKI: Jun 11, 2012 22:27
Jun 30, 2012 23:48
  • VINNY
Hey Shinki,
Welcome back to Changsha! I've lived here for about 4 years and over the past couple there has been a real uptick in the amount of western things in town. My favorite western restaurant at the moment is Deliburger, they serve legit burgers and imported beer. As for buying groceries the German store Metro has the largest selection but there are a lot of stores around town with western imports these days. You can actually find answers to all the things you are asking about on www.Changshahua.com, the online community for foreigners here. It has information with maps and directions for bars, restaurants, shops, etc.
Good luck!
Sep 23, 2012 04:04
  • SHINKI
thank you for your kind reply, really helpful.
Maybe will see you one day at one of these places
Best regards
Nov 12, 2013 09:09
GUEST22689 Hello,

I am a new expat in China and after a few months in Qingdao and I am moving to Changsha for good in December this year. I would highly appreciate if you could give me some insight on one of the most pressing things on my mind which is accommodation. Could you perhaps tell me which area of Changsha should I consider for apartment search. My office will be in Shaoshan Road South but I'd like to live in a area where most expats usually live and hangout and also with good quality apartments and facilities. I would highly appreciate if you could get me going in my research as I am a little lost and there is not much on the web on this subject.

Regards,
Sid
Apr 11, 2014 07:22
GUESTREDOB Changshahua seems dead...
Post a Reply to: need help from expats who knows about Changsha
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code