Menu
Red Earth in Dongchuan
Jul 2, 2012 10:19
"The Red Land (Red Earth) in Dongchuan. With its center in Huashitou Village, the red land in Dongchuan is over 100 square kilometers, where boundless rolling hills are gorgeous and splendid."

I intend to visit the Red Earth with two friends on our own.
1) When is the best time to go, just before the peak period?
2) How do I get there by public transport?
3) Which is the nearest airport?
4) Or can anyone recommend me a 4-wheel driver (without a tour guide) who
charges a reasonable daily rate?
5) Since I had covered Lijang, Dali & Kunming, can anyone recommend other
less touristy scenic places that I can add to my Red Earth trip?
Jul 2, 2012 21:12
GUEST789643 1.The best time is from mid May to early June, and mid October to November.
2.Take long distance bus from Dongju Bus Station (东菊客运站), Kunming to Dongchuan Bus Station. There is a bus for Fa Zhe (法者, a place name). It stops at Huagou or Huashitou village.

Bus fare: CNY 40-45 (Dongju Bus Station to Dongchuan Bus Station).
CNY 23 from Dongchuan Bus Station to Huagou or Huashitou village.

There is another way: you can hire a bus at Dongchuan. It costs CNY 100-150 for two persons.

The above information is for your reference only.

3.The nearest airport is Changshui International Airport in Kunming. The original Wujiaba Airport has been closed.
Jul 3, 2012 01:02
Thanks for your helpful info, GUEST789643!

Aug 21, 2012 02:30
GUEST11050 Hi,
Have a question is it very complicated to do trip to Dongchuan without any guide/trip.
What about accomodation in Dongchuan?
regards
Sep 4, 2012 05:43
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST11050

Hi,
Have a question is it very complicated to do trip to Dongchuan without any guide/trip.
What about accomodation in Dongchuan?
regards

Sorry, I have no idea since I bought package tours from my country over the years, and paid one tailored 24D tour for North and South Xinjiang from Urumqi, specifically without a tour guide. Google and read up the places of interest before departure.

[Will try to find out more by reading travel forum blogs where the writers did from one to three months China tour on their own.]

From what I read, the accomodation in Dongchuan is rather basic.
Jan 7, 2013 06:34
  • MITCHELL
Time passed so long to see you, I am sorry! The red earth is not far from Kunming, where the bus every day only twice, the hotel is not expensive, 60 yuan for one night, if you need a free trip, we provide car rental with driver, the charges are reasonable, if you need please contact me.
May 23, 2013 01:36
GUEST22497 Hi. I'm tentatively planing a trip to Kunming early August 2013. Would like to find out how to get to Dongchuan Red Earth. Do you provide guided tours, and how much is it (per pax or in small group basis)?
May 23, 2013 02:23
GUEST31884 Thanks, Mitchell.

Just came back from a 2-wks Zhangjiajie trip.

What's yr daily rate for your car + driver?

Regards.
May 25, 2013 08:22
  • MITCHELL
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST22497

Hi. I'm tentatively planing a trip to Kunming early August 2013. Would like to find out how to get to Dongchuan Red Earth. Do you provide guided tours, and how much is it (per pax or in small group basis)?

Are you asking me? If yes please email me, qq.com|117439039
Post a Reply to: Red Earth in Dongchuan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code