Menu
What do you think of the opening ceremony of 2012 London Olympic Games?
Jul 30, 2012 03:45
  • BBQQ
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 3 vote(s)
  3. 4 vote(s)
  4. 1 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
The opening ceremony of 2012 London Olympic Games was held at 04:00, Beijing Time. I didn’t get up on time to enjoy show. When I woke up, it was already 05:30. Thus, I just watched a part of the opening ceremony. Later, I watched the repeat of the ceremony.

Personally, I was impressed by Danny Boyle. He did his best to show the best of United Kingdom. I am a Chinese and it is difficult for me to understand it thoroughly. But it was a great show. Many people like me have the same question “Who will light up the torch?” We are surprised that the torch was lighted by seven young guys.

Four years ago, I watched the opening ceremony of Beijing Olympic Games. It was indeed fantastic. But it does have some flaws, such as Lin Miaoke’s lip-singing and fake ‘big footprints’ firework show. The London opening ceremony was real except James Bond and the Queen jump from the sky.

Anyway, London did a good job. What do you think?

Aug 7, 2012 13:51
GUEST22912 No, I think Beijing did much better, their queen were even bored at the opening ceremony. I actually fell asleep while watching London's. It's really boring and unorganized. Hello!? They are making a show for the world, not only for their own country. I don't get half of their staff they are showing. Is celebrity count as culture ? All I see is their celebrities... How is it related to Olympics? Where is their unity shown? Cuz Olympics is about unity... I don't see... All I see is they are showing off their queen and celebrities ...
Aug 10, 2012 14:54
  • MARK_81
I liked it but yes beijing now that was something really special! once in a lifetime special.

looking forward to the closing ceremony though should be really good by the sounds of it
Aug 12, 2012 02:27
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

I liked it but yes beijing now that was something really special! once in a lifetime special.

looking forward to the closing ceremony though should be really good by the sounds of it

I forgot where I read it but British Prime Minister said that London wouldn't burn hundreds of millions of money to set off fireworks like Beijing because they didn't have so much money.

The opening and closing ceremonies of Beijing Olympic Games are fantastic. But we have to be aware that China has burnt too much money. Probably, only China is willing to spend the taxpayers' money to do such a thing.
Aug 19, 2012 21:43
  • BBQQ
Raindrop,

The world economy is still in recession. The UK government doesn't have enough money to burn like China.

I watched the opening and closling ceremony of London Olympics. Because of cultural differences, I can not fully understand what they tried to show to the world. It's just like a party. But the stereo equipment isn't good. I couldn't hear the performers' voice.
Post a Reply to: What do you think of the opening ceremony of 2012 London Olympic Games?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code