Menu
Passengers from 45 countries to enjoy 72 hours visa-free stay in Beijing from Jan 1, 2013
Dec 5, 2012 00:27
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
From the 1st January 2013, passport holders of following 45 countries and regions will be granted a visa-free stay of up to 72 hours while in transit via Beijing Capital Airport (PEK):

Schengen Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czekh, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden. Switzerland

Other European Countries: Russia, UK, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine

America: US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile

Oceania: Australia, New Zealand

Asia: Republic of Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, UAE, Qatar

By the way, TravelChinaGuide has tailor-made some VISA FREE tours in Beijing and Shanghai.
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/tour/visa-free.htm
Dec 10, 2012 05:55
  • MAMCY
wow..philippines is out of picture here???????
how true that the filipinos are can not enter in china?
Dec 11, 2012 07:53
GUEST24212 MAMCY, don't take it personally, you probably can get into China with an appropriate visa. There are many countries NOT on the list, so what.
Dec 12, 2012 08:51
  • COMMING
I think it's really a happy news for people who are willing to visit and travel China. As china is really encouraging a lot of peoples from different countries to visit their by giving such an oppertunity to stay free here in Beijing. Which i really is a positive and appreciable step.
Dec 13, 2012 21:10
  • RAINDROP
Hi all, I read this news days ago. It sounds really great for transit passengers.
BTW, Shanghai also joins Beijing in this step from Jan.1 2013 to open for foreigners from those said 45 countries if they transit via Pudong Airport and Hongqiao Airport.
Dec 19, 2012 10:21
  • VASH
I wonder why some countries are in and some are left out !!
Dec 24, 2012 08:55
  • CARLOS
Quote:

Originally Posted by VASH

Countries are not important in all cases, although you might say countries in the list are at least in some way trusted.

EU including schengen-countries, no need to negotiate wit all countries. US, Canada, Australia and NZ, of course they are in the list, no way can any country pass them.

South America, clearly everyone can see that there are no cocaine-countries in the list and so on...

I wonder if I can fly to Beijing and stay there for 72 hours, then fly to Shanghai and again 72 hours, then back home.
Or what if I flew to Hongkong and from there to Shanghai...?
Dec 24, 2012 08:56
  • CARLOS
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

South America, clearly everyone can see that there are no cocaine-countries in the list and so on...

Well, Mexico...
Dec 24, 2012 20:17
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by VASH

I am afraid that you will not get an answer. Every country has their own visa requirements on different applicants. Sometimes, you will be rejected even if you get all the documents they require. And you won't get any explanation from them.
Feb 7, 2013 06:33
ya ,i am agree with jimmy
Jan 19, 2016 18:43
GUEST23478 What about Hong Kong SAR passport holders transiting through Beijing, and Air China is putting me up in hotel for the night since they won't have another flight out till later the day after?
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Passengers from 45 countries to enjoy 72 hours visa-free stay in Beijing from Jan 1, 2013
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code