Menu
China Z Visa Criminal Record Check
Dec 18, 2012 11:57
guest56195 I know this has been covered elsewhere over the years, but can anyone give me a definitive answer on whether a Police Certificate of No Criminal Record is required to work and live in China? Is this part of the Z visa application process or the residence permit application?

It seems that the situation differs from case to case with some people requiring a Certificate of No Criminal Record, while many never need to provide this.

I have received a UK Police Caution 6 years ago which, while spent, will always be on my criminal record.

My company is considering sending me to Shanghai for work. Can you give me any color on this process and any information of where I can get exact details on whether this certificate is currently a requirement?

Thanks in advance!
Dec 19, 2012 22:01
  • CINDY99LEE
I was working for processing expats' Z visa years ago and according to my working experiencs this certificate you mentioned is not required for normal applicant exclude special case,this letter probably will be needed for apply Chinese driver licence or other things ,but not for Z visa application...
Dec 21, 2012 05:56
  • APAULT
Definitely not checked in the sense no-one has ever been reported knocked back. BUT, I know my country, Australia, might check on whether you have completed the visa form honestly IF you are stopped for any other reason. I'd guess many countries do this, and quite likely China,.
Dec 23, 2012 19:19
There is no need of that for a Z visa,in normal,just need some documents from your company and youself.
Jan 26, 2013 06:29
GUEST13141 I originally ticked I had criminal record and they wanted a police report when I lodged application. Went back following day and ticked no conviction and got visa no problem.... Don't tick yes!
Post a Reply to: China Z Visa Criminal Record Check
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code