Menu
Seeking locals help on all Chongqing matters!
May 30, 2005 18:28
  • EXODUS
To Mermaid,

Nope, I ain't a christian

To CYTOKKY,

Nice to find a regular in Chongqing. What's the cheapest airfare/route to get to CQ from singapore?

To rogerlan,

I would sent you an email seeking your opinions on certain CQ issues. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

May 31, 2005 10:13
  • CYTOKKY
There are several ways to get to chongqing from Singapore.

1. Most direct way: Silkair from Singapore to Chongqing, three times a week, about 5 hours, usual price about SGD600 although Silkair has regular offers, which can be up to 20% lower.

2. Singapore-Chengdu-Chongqing. Now, Valuair flies to Chengdu four times a week (about 5 hours) , and its advance purchase fare is about SGD440, then u can always transfer to a bus to chongqing, which takes 4 hours and costs about RMB 100, so total time about 9-10 hours. Silkair and a chinese airline(I think is China Southern) also flies to Chengdu regularly.

3. Singapore to HK/MAcau by LCC, then Shenzhen/Zhuhai/Guangzhou to Chongqing by domestic flight.

SG to Macau/HK cost about SGD9-100 one way (depending on promotion) by Jetstarasia (HK) or Tiger Air (Macau) 4 hours, then cross border to china, and a domestic flight to Chongqing, which if you buy in low season, can get as low as RMB500 one way. This is the most time consuming and troublesome, can take up to one whole day of journey, but may be cheaper with total return less than SGD400.

So really up to you on how to go, and depending on your date of travel. Unless an LCC starts flying to Chongqing, it will be expensive to fly, although i think the chances are not high, since Chongqing's tourism market is not that mature.
May 31, 2005 13:11
  • EXODUS
Firstly, thanks for your prompt and wonderful effort in the description of the various options.
Some queries again:

1)Guess that your silkair description is for one-way, so would it be easy to purchase a return airticket to s'pore from CQ?

2)Any problem with getting cheap and reliable accomodation in CQ?

Appreciate your time and effort render!

Jun 7, 2005 13:13
  • CYTOKKY
The silkair option is for return airticket, usually valid for 90 days, you pay more for a year ticket. It is easy to purchase a return ticket to Singapore in chongqing as you can just go through a local travel agent. Silkair do not sell tickets in chongqing directly, but rather through local travel agents.

About cheap and reliable accomodation, there are plenty, depends on your requirements and location the price varies, can be as low as RMB1000 per month, or upwards for more luxurious ones. Quite easy to find as many people had bought apartments for investments and are looking to rent them. I also bought one, so if you are interested, and the apartment is empty, i can rent out to you. :)
Jun 8, 2005 17:25
  • EXODUS
Thanks for the info!

You have mentioned that you had invested in property in Chongqing. Approximately how much is the price for an average apartment costs in CQ?

Is the legal procedures complicated for property purchase in CQ?

In a singaporean point of view, can you explain what makes you have a liking to CQ?

Thanks!
Jun 9, 2005 15:04
  • CYTOKKY
I think the average prices of apartment in CQ is about RMB2500 per square meter currently, although those apartments in central CQ CBD can cost up to RMB6000-7000 per square meter for those with premier location.

Legal procedures is quite straightforward, although i think foreigners will have to pay in full, rather than getting a bank loan as not many banks lend to foreigners, but think a few foreign banks are going to set up branches in chongqing soon, so this may change soon. Do note that the land is only for a 50 year lease, very different from singapore where it is usually 99 year. There are many websites on property purchases in China, if you want more information.

I won't say i like Chongqing very much, but i think that it is a city with great potential, esp when it is now a municipality under the control of the central government. So you can find lots of opportunities around. The city is also poised for significant growth in years to come.

However, the living environment in CQ is not very good, lots of pollution, traffic jams, ultra hot weather, although cost of living is cheap. I think many singaporeans would not be used to the living environment there.

Cheers

In a singaporean point of view, can you explain what makes you have a liking to CQ?

Thanks!
Feb 27, 2008 20:18
GUEST44120 can i ask anyone here know about fengdu ? n the property there ?
Feb 27, 2008 20:24
GUEST44120 sorry im ah tan, i like to invest in like chongqing , chengdu , fendu , which is good place to stay or cheaper in invest ? n can reply me at my email live.com.sg|ogoto
Feb 12, 2009 05:17
GUEST34155 hiii..iam sincil zainulabdeen..i need to know my GF return ticket time..bze i lost contact with her..could u plz help me..her name is salini babu....from cochin to gaunzhou...i need to pick her from guanzhou....she left here on 20th january..... thanking u...
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Seeking locals help on all Chongqing matters!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code