Menu
New passport old Resident Permit
Feb 6, 2013 23:21
  • RAURI5
Hey everyone, I am a student studying in china, but I'm currently in Australia for the winter holidays, I got a new passport as my old one was about to expire. They had to "cut" my old passport when I got a new one,
And I was wondering if I could still use my old cut passport's Resident Permit to go back to china? My old passport was a 5 year one, new one is 10.
I heard some people said I had to transfer it, but I'm in Aus
Can I get my Resident Permit transferred to my new passport whilst in Australia? (I doubt it)

Really worried as I have to go back to china to continue study at the end of the month!
Please help
And thanks a lot!
Rauri
Feb 6, 2013 23:59
GUEST443212 They had to "cut" my old passport when I got a new one,

What do you mean 'cut"? As I know, they won't take your old passport away. I suggest you bring your old and new passports together when entering China.
Feb 7, 2013 00:21
  • RAURI5
They said by law I can only have one, so they literally cut the front page in half front top to bottom.
Feb 7, 2013 00:44
GUEST443212
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAURI5 View Post

They said by law I can only have one, so they literally cut the front page in half front top to bottom.

Did you tell them that the resident permit issued with your old passport is still valid? Usually, your old passport number is shown on the new one. But you have to use both if the visa on the old one is valid.
Feb 7, 2013 18:43
  • RAURI5
Seems its been invalidated. Probably can't use the old one, so... I really don't know what to do?
Feb 9, 2013 10:37
  • WANHU
Go to the China Consulate (visa section) and inquire within. You need their approval whether you can use or otherwise (your old passport).
Wan
Feb 13, 2013 20:00
  • CINDY99LEE
not matter what's kind of "cut" you should still have this broken passport in your hands with previous resident permit inside,and what you need to do is take flight with your TWO passports together.make sure the Entry Stamp will be issued in your New passport ,then get all relevant paper to immigration office in Shanghai for visa transaction
Feb 13, 2013 22:26
GUEST83988 Hello thank you for your answer, why do I have to go to ShangHai? I'm heading to ChengDu, can I just get the Resident Permit transferred into my New passport in chengdu's PSB??
Feb 14, 2013 19:29
  • CINDY99LEE
then you trip to chengdu instead of Shanghai ,i thought you were student from SH...lol
Feb 14, 2013 20:31
GUEST83988 哈哈,谢谢你,很有帮助。
Oct 29, 2014 08:20
GUEST68176 so finally what you did..please share your experience
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: New passport old Resident Permit
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code