Menu
Easiest way from Hong Kong to Guangzhou Airport
Apr 14, 2013 12:37
guest24333 Hi,

I am currently in Mongkok, Hong Kong and will be flying out from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport with 4 people.

What is the quickest, cheapest, or easiest way to get from HK to Guangzhou airport?

I am debating between train (Hunghum through train to Guangzhou East then cab or line 3 subway to airport VS. Mongkok KCR to LoWu then cross border to Shenzhen and then bullet train to Guangshou East then cab or line 3 to airport). Is there an easier way, like a direct bus to the Guangzhou airport. Also, how much time I should budget for going through immigration whenever I cross the border??

Thanks!!!
Apr 14, 2013 21:42
GUEST4688 I prefer the first option. It saves you the time for crossing the Luohu Border and wait for trains at Shenzhen Railway Station.
Apr 23, 2013 04:49
GUESTNITIN I arrive at HKIA abt 7 pm. i expect that by the time i clear immigration and customs, it will be about 8.30 pm. i need to drop my luggage at Left luggage, and head to Shenzhen to catch the train to GZ East for an early morning flight from Guangzhou,
Any suggestions for the best way to get to Guangzhou at night or early morning?
Apr 23, 2013 20:34
GUESTDANNY GUESTNITIN,

You still have time to catch the bus from HKIA to Guangzhou. The last one departs at 22:15 and arrives at China Hotel by Marriott Guangzhou. It costs HKD 220 and takes 3.5 hours.
Jun 29, 2013 23:09
GUEST32869 Hi, I am planning to go to HK from Guangzhou Baiyun airport. What is the best direct transportation? Or any train service from Guangzhou train station to HK?
Jun 30, 2013 21:19
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST32869

Hi, I am planning to go to HK from Guangzhou Baiyun airport. What is the best direct transportation? Or any train service from Guangzhou train station to HK?

Yes, you can go to Guangzhou East Station to take direct train. It will go to Hung Hum. Or you can take high speed train from Guangzhou to Shenzhen and the pass the border to take East Rail to the downtown area in HK.
Jul 22, 2013 07:38
GUEST83478 I ended up taking the MTR intercity through train from Hung Hom to Guangzhou East ($190 HKD, 2 hours) and then taking the metro from Guangzhou East to Baiyun Airport (7rmb, ~30min). It was the most reliable and hassle-free option for us, taking less than 4 hours total to get from Kowloon to Baiyun Airport.

A cheaper alternative would have been to take the Chinalink Express from MongKok to Guangzhou ($90hkd) and then take a cab to the airport. However, I was informed that transit time can be anywhere between 4 hours to 7 hours on the bus depending on traffic, immigration, and whether or not cab was available.

http://www.it3.mtr.com.hk/b2c/frmScheduleGuangdong.asp?strLang=Eng
http://hongkong.hulutrip.com/attraction-tickets/1485.html
Post a Reply to: Easiest way from Hong Kong to Guangzhou Airport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code