Menu
Sharing the costs to cross china
Jun 22, 2013 06:25
guestDave Hi everybody,

My wife and I are planning a trip from UK to Thailand leaving in March and are looking for other vehicles to join us crossing Mongolia and then sharing the cost of the guide across China, leaving China at the Laos border. The only thing is that we can not go with motorbikes as bikes are not allowed on the Chinese motorways/autoban and we are in a Merc 814D truck/motorhome ( no speed governor fitted so it will do up to 120Km if necessary) and need to use the motorways some of the time.
Our outline plan is to take about 14 days crossing Mongolia then taking about 30 days to pass though China, however, we are not tied to any these times, longer or shorter is no problem.(shorter and the Guide price would come down but would see less)
I have looked into the cost of the guide and it comes out at 4950 euros for 1 vehicle with 2 passengers then if there is 2 vehicles with 4 passengers it is 3800 euros per vehicle the guide would be with us for 30 days and for that would do all boarder paper work arrange temporary driving licences for all etc,the cost of the guide go's down per vehicle with more vehicles in the party so 4 or 5 vehicles would be ideal,some friends have only just completed this trip with the guide we have been talking to and have been a great help in our planning,visa enquiries etc.
We have driven extensively in South East Asia (Thailand,Laos and Cambodia) Africa and North America

We are both British in our 50s.

So if there is anybody wanting to join us please contact me ASAP.

Dave
Jun 22, 2013 20:40
  • BABYHARE
Hi Dave,

You want people to contact you without even an e-mail address? How? :-P

This is Ning, an experienced customer-made-trip organizer in China. I travelled around China with my customers with different subjects(like photographic trips, train travels, nature exploring or cave discovering, and so on), and I am very good at look for valuable hotels and transportations. If you like to discuss with me further about your trip, feel free to write me: 163.com|babyhare

By the way, I based in Xiamen~

Regards

Ning
Jun 22, 2013 22:26
GUEST48128 Ho,

So sorry, my email address is hotmail.co.uk|daveandles

Dave
Jun 24, 2013 22:09
GUEST19693 Hi Dave
This is Cathy 25-year-old,i planed to travel in western of China,staring from ShenZhen-GuangXi-YunNan-SiChuan-Tibet I love travel,i have drive licence,i would like to find some more friends to travel in China.
If you see this,please send e-mail to me qq.com|402333910
Good day for you
Regards
Post a Reply to: Sharing the costs to cross china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code