Menu
Transit visa question , help
Aug 9, 2013 22:58
guest81208 Ok, I am confused, maybe someone can help me: I am a Philippine passport holder with a Danish residence card. Planning to fly from Denmark- Shanghai, then Manila. Will need to stay in Shanghai for less than 48 hrs before flying to Manila, so that means we'll have to sleep in a hotel for a night and maybe do a bit of sightseeing.
Do I need a transit visa? Do I qualify for the 72-hour Visa-free Transit since I have danish/schengen residency?

We're planning to do do the same thing for our return flight.
Aug 13, 2013 00:58
GUEST4436 I am afraid that you can't since you hold a passport of Philippines.
Aug 17, 2013 01:25
  • SASHA
You'd better book flights with shorter layover at Shanghai airport, since Philippine passport (and many other countries passports) is not eligible for 72-hour visa-free transit...
Aug 22, 2013 16:29
GUEST19241 Wondering that wheher 72 hours visa free transit will let me go outside the airport? I mean to say that can have a quick tour or the city in Kunming or in Guanzhou ?
Aug 25, 2013 21:55
GUEST5549
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST19241

Wondering that wheher 72 hours visa free transit will let me go outside the airport? I mean to say that can have a quick tour or the city in Kunming or in Guanzhou ?

If you use the 72 hours free transit visa in Guangzhou, you can go to any city in Guangdong Province. However, yo can't go to Kunming since it is a city in Yunnan Province.
Post a Reply to: Transit visa question , help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code