Menu
China safe for japanese citizens?
Aug 10, 2013 05:45
  • AKUMA
Hello, my name is Akira and i'm from Japan. I work for a japanese company and will join a group of my coworkers to a business visit in china. But i don't know if it is safe for us. I saw alot of bad things going on there in TV. Japanese cars and business destroyed, hate banners shown which say all japanese people should be killed and all such stuff...So my question is, if such a visit is safe, if local autjorities can guarantee safety of japanese tourists or if we should better stay at home?
Aug 13, 2013 01:35
  • SASHA
Hi Akuma, at the moment it's perfectly safe for all business foreigners visiting China.

I say 'at the moment', because sometimes when China & Japan tensions heat up (usually once a year, it's a political game), then some folks go out protesting & breaking in front of JP embassies and consulates, so far they didn't target JP citizens, I doubt they can easily distinguish Japanese/Koreans/NorthChinese anyway lol...
(and they also damaged JP brand cars, with Chinese people in them - so silly)

As I remember, it happened just 3-4 times in last 10 years, so you shouldn't worry.
Just keep in touch with global news, and you'll know if JP/CN tensions boil up again.

I see a lot of Japanese visitors... especially in October & April for trade fairs time.

Cheers from HK,
Alex
Aug 15, 2013 13:01
  • AKUMA
thank you very much!
Post a Reply to: China safe for japanese citizens?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code