Menu
feul info
Aug 27, 2013 23:30
  • LUCIEN
hello !!

next month i start on a trip to Zhangye (Gansu) and Turpan , by my own car (SUV)
Can somebody give some information about the road condition over there?
Are there sufficient fuel stations between Zhangye and Turpan ?

every information is welcome , thanks

Lucien
Aug 28, 2013 01:22
GUEST8786 LUCIEN,

I read someone's travel journal. His driving route is Zhangye-Jiayuguan-Dunhuang-Turpan. There are many petrol stations along the roads. However, most petrol stations just provides No.93 petrol. I don't know if your car needs No.93 or No.97.
Aug 28, 2013 01:35
  • LUCIEN
great !!
i Use the 93 petrol , so no problem
Aug 28, 2013 22:22
GUEST8786 LUCIEN,

If you have smart cellphone, please equip googe map or any other maps. It should tell you where you can find the petrol stations.
Dec 10, 2013 02:27
  • LUCIEN
thanks a lot for the few how give advice .
In the meanwhile the trip is come to a (good) end .
We have seen a lot of wonderful things , and indeed we had not fuel problems
Dec 10, 2013 20:46
GUEST8786 Glad to hear that you have a nice trip there. It would be better if you show me some nice photos.
Dec 10, 2013 21:56
  • LUCIEN
dear you can see some photo's in my album
http://community.travelchinaguide.com/photo-album/show.asp?aid=3484

i hope it works , for me is also the first time , so let me know the result

Dec 10, 2013 23:56
GUEST8786 Lucien,

Your photos are nice. Actually, I haven't been to these places before. It snowed in Xinjiang even you came there in Sep. and Oct. Did you feel cold when you took that picture in front of the car?

I wish I could drive a car to visit these places. But I should learn to drive a car first.
Dec 11, 2013 01:48
  • LUCIEN
in general it was not cold , only there on the top it was cold (-1 to+1°C ) , for the rest of our trip we had fantastic weather , all the time from 25 to30° .
It is indeed it 's very good to do those trip's by own car , you stop an visit where you want, when you want , and of course is a lot cheaper to .
Where do you live ? also in China ? i live in Nanning (Guangxi) ,maybe we can look to travel together once ?
on our previous trip we went to Shilin-Lijiang-Sangrilla-Gongasan etc ; That was also a very beautiful trip
Ok give some news , keep in contact
regards , lucien
Dec 11, 2013 03:10
GUEST8786 Lucien,

I am just a Chinese local in Xian. I have great interest in travel. But my destinations are just limited within mainland China. I have been to Beijing, Tianjin, Chongqing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Pingyao and Wuhan. Unfortunately, I haven't been to the western part of China.

If you don't mind, I am glad to join your future trips. Of course, I might help you if you plan to visit Shaanxi. I am familar with my hometown.
Dec 11, 2013 04:23
  • LUCIEN
ok , good idea , leave your name and e-mail , the i will contact you from the moment i have further plans
Post a Reply to: feul info
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code