Menu
Changing S2 visa to Z
Mar 5, 2014 22:15
  • CUDNED
I currently hold a S2 visa as my husband is here on a three year contract. I've been offered a job teaching English at a local high school. Since I am already here and have a resident permit, is it necessary to to change to the Z type visa in order to get the work permit? If I need to change to type Z, can I do that here in China at the embassy or do I need to go back to the US to change it? Has anyone done this?
Mar 6, 2014 01:02
GUEST9047
Quote:

Originally Posted by CUDNED View Post

I currently hold a S2 visa as my husband is here on a three year contract. I've been offered a job teaching English at a local high school. Since I am already here and have a resident permit, is it necessary to to change to the Z type visa in order to get the work permit? If I need to change to type Z, can I do that here in China at the embassy or...

I am afraid that you need go back to apply for the Z type. You might visit local entry and exit department and ask if you can do it without leaving.
Mar 15, 2014 21:15
GUEST16265 You can't ( under general circumstances) get a Z inside China unless you already have one ( and so are effectively renewing).
Apr 15, 2014 06:32
GUEST11598 we are romeo lau & co. S visa is not for working, it is for family reunion. If you need work officially, you need work visa which is issued by Chinese consulate to your country. But in practice, if your employer-the high school and local labor department have no requirement of changing your visa into Z, you can keep the present visa-resident permit by taking this position from school.

Normally, if the school is offically registered and plans to hire you officially. It is a must you will apply for expert certificate from local personnel department and z visa from china embassy. After you are officially hired, your salary also should be claimed to local tax office and PIT-personal income tax should be paid. In 2013, china labor and social securities department regulated that all foreigners who work in China should buy social insurance in China except they can provide insurance paid certificate from their home country.
Post a Reply to: Changing S2 visa to Z
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code