Menu
Applied for L visa for China and got S2. Will I have any problems?
Mar 13, 2014 22:21
guestEh... I just picked up my visa today at the Chicago Consulate and I glanced it over and everything looked fine to me. When I got home my wife was looking it over told me that it was an S2 and not an L like I applied for. My understanding is that the S2 is for a foreigner to visit a foreigner relative living in China. My inviter was my Father In Law (who is a Chinese citizen) and I provided a written invitation from him and a copy of his Chinese ID card. I think the error was on the consulate's part, but I am wondering if it will cause any issues for me and if I should try to get it changed. This is the second visa I have recieved from China. The first was an L type that expired about a year and a half ago. If anyone could give me any help I would very much appreciate it.
Mar 15, 2014 21:38
GUEST16265 Hi,
There's two types of S visa. S1 is for immediate family members ( and carries a longer stay) S2 is for 'family members'.

There's info on this site which might help. In my experience of applying for visas inside and outside China, there is a fair amount of discretionary decision making that goes on about your application. If they saw that you were applying and were invited by a family member then changing your application to S2 would make sense.

This should clear it up:

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/private-visit.htm
Post a Reply to: Applied for L visa for China and got S2. Will I have any problems?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code