Menu
Chinese Visa without an invitation from family
Mar 24, 2014 23:20
guest33146 Hello,

My family is planning to visit Guangzhou and then HK. We are planning to stay with a relative for a few days in Guangzhou before we head over to Hongkong. My question is can we still apply for visa if we do not not have invitation letter from relative but a hotel reservation in HK and round trip tickets back to USA? Can we use those information plane tickets and HK hotel info for a China visa or we have to get our relative to send us an invitation letter?

Any advice will be be greatly appreciated
Sincerely,
Liz
Mar 25, 2014 01:22
GUEST904345 You can't use HK flight and hotel reservation to apply for a Chinese visa. If you can't provide the invitation letter, you should offer round-trip air tickets and hotel reservation in mainland China. Apparently, it's not a good idea because you plan to stay with your relatives. So the easiest way is to ask your relative to send you an invitation letter.

When you arrive at your relative's home, do not forget to register at local PSB within 24 hours. If your relative is a Chinese, his/her household and ID card are required for the registration.
Mar 25, 2014 22:15
GUESTGUEST33146 Thank you Guezt904345 for info. Well, our RT tickets arrives in Guangzhou, China but we are leaving from HK rather then Guangzhou. We planning to go to HK via train/bus from Guangzhou. To avoid the relative invitation, we should just book a hotel reservation in Guangzhou.
It's difficult for us to get a relative invitation since they are in rural area and elderly.

Think that would be enough to obtain a visa?

Mar 26, 2014 01:08
GUEST6783 Liz, I am quite confused. Did you mean you wanted to apply for HK visa or another one for mainland China? Many nationals enjoy visa free period in HK. I don't know your nationality so that I can't say whether you need one for HK or not.

For your mainland China visit, you should apply for a L. It requires round-trip air tickets and hotel booking in Guangzhou. If you have the invitation letter, you needn't provide the tickets and hotel booking. It's ok if your relative can send you an invitation. The orginal invitation letter is not needed. They can fax it to you and you can print it out.
Post a Reply to: Chinese Visa without an invitation from family
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code