Menu
Chinese visa for noob baby (chinese mother, British father)
Apr 18, 2014 00:13
  • JOHNO5175
Ok so here is the deal.....

Me and the Chinese gf just had a awesome little girl together. We are not married and do not intend to. I am over on a 1 year M visa and been here 5 years altogether. Now the baby is born we had to decide on the nationality as of course China does not allow dual citizenship.
for obvious reason we decided to go with british for our daughter as the benefits of a UK citizenship far outway having a hukou and chinese status.

So when we got the birth certificate in the hospital in Foshan Guangdong we registerd the baby in English name with no chinese pingyin or characters. When we did this the registrar warned us that if there is no chinese name on the birth certificate then the baby can never be chinese..

Anyhow i am wondering what the options are for visas. We plan on staying in China with mommy of course. The problem will be the exit permit for the baby once she gets her passport. i dont know if the chinese immigration will require her to renounce her chinese citizenship (as she was born here to a chinese mother). I do not want to bother with all that as it is their rule she can never be chinese with a foreign name then she shouldnt have to renounce a nationality they dont want to give her.

anyone have any experience or dealings with this? Also what visa would the baby be on? I presume a Q1 visa. Also i am wondering if i can then follow the baby on a dependant visa as i am the father named on the birth certificate.

Any help appreciated
Post a Reply to: Chinese visa for noob baby (chinese mother, British father)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code