Menu
Looking for travel mates in SW China, June-August 2014
May 18, 2014 05:47
  • PROXODIMEC
Hey there!
This June i'm setting off to travel in China - for the fifth time, but the country is inexhaustible in terms of both cultural wealth and natural beauty. Join me if you are interested! This time the key points of the trip will include:
* Tongren Shaman Festival (Qinghai);
* Yi Torch Festival (Sichuan);
* another few ethnic minority festivals (various provinces, mainly Yunnan)
* a hitchhiking/trekking route from Dege to Batang (Sichuan);
* a long difficult hike up Dulongjiang river (Yunnan);
* Qing Dynasty architecture in Chuxiong prefecture (Yunnan);
* the last cave settlement in China (Guizhou);
* dolines, caves and other features of karst topography (Guizhou and Guangxi);
* et cetera, whatever else i shall have time for.
All touristic hotspots shall be avoided (either i've been there or don't want to), except one: i intend to return to Yangshuo (Guangxi) specifically to photograph cormorant fishing on Li river - i won't be the first to shoot it, but still...
The journey will last a minimum of 2 months (1 standard tourist visa + extension), longer if i manage to get a better visa. The primary objective is always photography - mostly ethnographic coverage, but a certain percentage of landscapes is inevitable in places like that, it's just too regrettable not to shoot this beauty.
I would appreciate a travel mate with similar interests. Some physical fitness and psychological adaptability will be required - sorry, this is no recreational tourism, more like a small expedition. If you speak fluent Putonghua that'd be of great help - but it's not really necessary.
As for myself, i've been traveling and living in Indochina for 17 years, working as a freelance photojournalist (some examples can be seen here: 500px.com/proxodimec).
See you on the mountain roads!
Mark.
Post a Reply to: Looking for travel mates in SW China, June-August 2014
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code