Menu
Changing US tourist visa to work visa without leaving China?
Jul 9, 2014 09:04
guest68179 I am from the US and here in Tai'an on a tourist visa..I want to change my visa without leaving the country....is that possible?
Jul 9, 2014 20:41
GUESTHELEN
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST68179

I am from the US and here in Tai'an on a tourist visa..I want to change my visa without leaving the country....is that possible?

Which type are you going to have? According to my knowledge, it's impossible to change visa types in China. You should go to HK or return to the USA to apply for another one.

PS: I suggest you go to the local PSB to ask about this. If they said no, then you have no choice but reapply outside of China.
Jul 15, 2014 18:30
GUESTGUESTAMA I'm a student from Ghana and in China for the Chinese bridge competition and my Visa is X2 but I want to Change my Visa to X1.after the competition because I've got admission to a university here in China to study for a year. I want to know If it is possible I can change from Visa X2 to Visa X1 here in China?
Jul 15, 2014 20:38
GUEST97903 GUESTGUE,

I think you should visit the local entry and exit management bureau to confirm this. According to what I know, changing visa types in China is impossible.
Post a Reply to: Changing US tourist visa to work visa without leaving China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code