Menu
Top age for female English teachers
Jul 23, 2014 09:17
  • SALLI
I had been planning to teach English and possibly Spanish in China in the next two years. However, I just learned that the highest age for female teachers is 55 to get a Z Visa and 65 for male teachers. However, it also mentioned that there might be some flexibility depending upon the school. How reliable is this "flexibility" and are there problems with female teachers over age 55? Does anyone see this changing as more teachers are needed?
Jul 23, 2014 20:33
GUEST54789 The age requirement for Z visa is 18 to 60. Only those foreigners who come to work as vice manager, general manager or enjoy higher positions have chances to apply for the Z type if they are older than 60. The company has to write an application and state clearly why they recruit a foreigner who is older than 60.

It's impossible for those who are older than 60 to apply for a Z type if you want to work as a teacher.
Jul 29, 2014 19:58
GUEST71159 I work in recruitment for a teaching company and can tell you that it is possible to get a teacher a Z visa if they are over 60. Usually 65 is the limit. Sadly it is not so much the laws regarding visas that you should worry about but the companies themselves. A lot of companies will be discouraged by the age if someone is over 50 (the main reason being health issues). We have recruited people before who are over 50 but most of our teachers are around 30. You should still apply for the jobs if it is what you want to do. There are a lot of jobs available and the amount of people applying for the jobs seems to be less this year. Good luck with your job hunting!
Aug 1, 2014 04:34
GUEST19122 I have done English Teaching course from ATI-TESOL and currently looking for a job in China. I am 30yrs old resident of India and currently looking for a English Teaching job in China, so please help me how can I apply for Z visa and by which channel I will get relevant job.
Sep 11, 2014 02:30
  • CHEFKITTEN
Echinacities.com has updated recruitment ads and you could try your luck there.
Post a Reply to: Top age for female English teachers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code