Menu
Teaching English in Changsha
Aug 20, 2014 21:04
  • KOKOBEE
Hello, everyone. I have been offered a teaching position in Changsh's Aeronautical Vocational and Technical College to start in October and until June. They offer me furnished apartment in campus.
I would like to know more on what to expect living there. Is it a safe place for a woman living alone? Is there a lot to do (like dance lessons, tai chi lessons, entertainment, places to visit)?? Are the locals nice to foreigners? Are there many other foreigners? Where can I meet other foreigners? Do locals speak english at all? Thanks
Aug 31, 2014 01:05
  • QUQIAN12305
I am a Chinese living in Changsha. Of course it's safe for a woman to live alone in Changsha. There aren't many foreigners here. most of them are foreign teachers. you can meet them in pubs or know them through other foreign teacher in your campus. sometimes your foreigner's look would attract some attention. But it's ok. People in Changsha are very nice and friendly to foreigners. most young people can speak English. It has many things to do here. it's near to a lot of popular scenic spots in China. Changsha is a beautiful city with long history.
Sep 3, 2014 09:05
  • OWENREN
Hi,Yes, Chang sha is a nice place to stay.
I was graduated from Chang sha city, local people are very nice to foreigners.
When I was studying in Chang sha, I was major in English, so I know many foreigners in Chang sha, all of them are nice people, I usually go outside enjoy with them, nice time with them.
Oct 8, 2017 11:20
hi,i am a university student in hunan university of commerce,and i have a big potential in teaching english,before i come to china i was an english teacher for kids and teenagers like me,who cant speak english,i can teach the four skills of english completely,so if u know any place that i can find a part time job please tell me,specially those of you who live in changsha ,please help me because i must support my self to finish my study and graduate

Oct 17, 2018 22:58
  • WALTERME2
hi friend, are you still in Changsha ? I just come back to my hometown in Changsha, maybe there is a chance we can do something here.
Post a Reply to: Teaching English in Changsha
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code