Menu
China visa for spouse
Sep 13, 2014 08:58
guest17145 Hello,

Me and my wife just registered few days back in her hometown. I am currently holding L tourist visa with double entry which first entry has already been used for this trip, i was wondering how may i upgrade my L visa for spouse visa and what type of visa i must apply for and how long it takes? do i need to exit china and return? i still have 20days visa for my current stay...
Sep 13, 2014 21:10
GUESTY6794
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST17145 View Post

Hello,

Me and my wife just registered few days back in her hometown. I am currently holding L tourist visa with double entry which first entry has already been used for this trip, i was wondering how may i upgrade my L visa for spouse visa and what type of visa i must apply for and how long it takes? do i need to exit china and...

Hey, you can apply for a Q type if your wife is a Chinese. The required documents are your passport, filled application form, a recent passport photo, an invitation letter from your wife, your marriage certificate and a copy of her ID card. However, I am afraid that you may not apply in mainland China. You should get back to your country to apply this.
Sep 14, 2014 23:31
GUEST19873 My current visa is S2 is it possible to upgrade this to Q w/o exiting?
Sep 15, 2014 00:48
GUEST566767
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST19873

My current visa is S2 is it possible to upgrade this to Q w/o exiting?

Q1 is issued to relatives of Chinese citizens applying to enter and reside in China for purposes of family reunion, and to those who apply for family reunion of foreigners with Permanent Residency in China, as well as to persons applying to enter and reside in China for foster care, adoption and other reasons; Q2 is issued to relatives of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in China for a short period of stay (less than 6 months).

I think you may not meet the requirements for applying the Q type.
Post a Reply to: China visa for spouse
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code