Menu
My issue for travel to china, please advise ASAP
Oct 11, 2014 15:16
  • DEV1983
Hello All,

I have a dilemma. I have a Canadian Passport with China visa (going for business). However, in the mean time I just obtained US citizenship (I reside in USA). So I have will have 2 passports, Canadian with China visa and a blank USA Passport. I plan to fly into Hong Kong and bus/walk into Shenzhen. Vis versa coming back home (USA). Will this be possible with Canadian passport? I'm trying to avoid getting another Visa due to time and cost. Also, if someone can advise when I should use/show which passport? Thank you in advance for your help.
Oct 11, 2014 21:12
GUEST56674 Dev1983, I think you'd better use your Canadian passport. If you use your USA passport, you need to apply new visa for mainland China.
Oct 12, 2014 19:56
  • MMCISAAC
as far as i know, if you are to land in HK, you could get a visa on arrival which won't cost you much time or money. while if you want to use your canadian passport, i'm not sure if it will cause any trouble when you fly out.

Oct 12, 2014 20:30
  • DEV1983
Can someone confirm I can get visa from hk to Shenzhen? That would be perfect.
Oct 12, 2014 20:59
GUEST56783 Dev, since you already have a business type in your Canadian passport, you can use it to enter Shenzhen. If you don't want to use your business type this time, you'd better apply for a new one with your USA passport because USA citizens can't apply for VOA for Shenzhen.

Well, the related authorities in HK says those who intend to apply in HK must provide their resident status in HK. However, people from certain countries like USA and UK still can apply in HK. If you don't want to apply from Chinese embassy in your country, you may try to apply in HK. I think you may find an agency to help you if you are worried that you will be refused. You can find CTS (China Travel Service) branches there and ask them to help you apply. They are very capable. Of course you need to pay them handling fee.
Oct 13, 2014 04:15
Hi ,Dear Sir ,
I just not know right information about what your meaning.
Now apply short time china visa in hk ,if only for 1 month china visa you can use the blank USA passport to apply it ,But also can use Canada to apply for 1 month china visa enter into china.Need to know what is your last visa page information on your canada passport if need to use canada passport to apply for 1 month china visa enter into china.
After enter into china,Canada passpport and usa passport both can be good for you to do one year china visa multi entries every 90 days for you ,and also can do one year china visa without leave china to apply .
Hope this can be helpful for you ,if still need to know more ,welcome to contact me ,my phone number is 15817421312,give our professional china visa suggestions for you.Because i have been worked for visa agency now ,will do my best to help you.thanks
Post a Reply to: My issue for travel to china, please advise ASAP
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code