Menu
Switch jobs
Nov 15, 2014 00:23
guest52174 I have recently had a falling out with the private kindergarten that I work for and talked to my recruiter about ending the contract early. The kindergarten has threatened to revoke my Z-visa, after I was no-show today. I told them and my recruiter that I will continue to work for them for the next month, giving them advance notice of my desire to leave. The school and I have smoothed things over for now I hope and I have agreed to continue to work for them for the next 6 weeks while they find a replacement. I don't like the way that they treat me at the school and feel that I am underpaid/underappreciated. Last week when they began criticizing for mixing up lesson plans a month ago and threatened to take 3000 yuan out of my salary. My agent told me that everything will be fine. She will take me to the bureau and get my Z-visa switched to an independent z-visa. What's the best advice anyone can give me moving forward. I have a residency permit, but no job lined up. I have also met a really loving person here that I hope to marry someday, so I would really like to continue living and working here until we relocate to Hong Kong or U.S. (any advise on that would be helpful as well). Mainly I'm concerned about how to ensure that I can find a job that is suitable for me and work here legally. I never missed work in the six months that I've been here, other than yesterday when I didn't show up after the argument with school. I have a bachelors degree in Philosophy from a University back home, have taught in the private Kindergarten here for 6 months. I would much rather work for a public university or adults in some other way. I am so worried that I will not be allowed back in China or have a good job. I admit it was stupid of me to no-show. I let my temper get the best of me. Any advice would be much appreciated.

-Ryan
Nov 16, 2014 00:11
GUEST54563 The kindergarten has no right to cancel your Z visa or resident permit. However, they can report you to local entry and exit management bureau. At that moment, your z visa and resident permit might be revoked by the bureau if you still haven't found your new boss.
Nov 27, 2014 13:13
  • SILVIANH
I have no idea if any of that has happened. I tried to patch things up, but I failed. What do you think the likelihood is that they reported me? In that case, what can I do if I want to come back to China to study? I still haven't found my new boss...
Nov 29, 2014 20:18
GUEST5474 SILVIANH,

I have no idea. If you and your recruiter didn't end the have a happy ending, they would have done this. Just my guess. If you plan to come back to study, you should apply for a X type from Chinese embassy or consulate in your country.
Post a Reply to: Switch jobs
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code