Menu
Cannabis and the Z Visa physica
Jan 5, 2015 03:17
  • BIRDLAND
I smoke cannabis legally in the US. I am prescribed it for medical reasons. My question is will they test for it during the physical when I move to China on a work visa?
Jan 5, 2015 20:00
This is an example of the physical examination paper. All required examinations are listed. You need to go through the examination at the hospital designated by the embassy. Then your employer needs it to apply for the work permit for you. Smoking canabis isn't required.

However, you need to go through another physical examination when you arrive and change your Z to a temporary resident permit. Normally, it is done at the appointed hospital. I am not sure if the doctor will find out that you smoke canabis.

In addition, it's illegal to smoke canabis in China.

Jan 5, 2015 20:11
  • BIRDLAND
Thank you for the response. I already did a physical in the US and it's all good. I am also aware that I can't smoke Cannabis in CN. I was specifically asking about the physical in China, done to convert Z visa into a residency permit. I have heard that a Urine Analysis is part of this procedure. What are they testing for? Should I take precautions to insure I pass a drug screen for marijuana? I could but, I would rather not as those options require either synthetic urine or a disgusting cleanse which may or may not work.
Jan 5, 2015 23:35
BIRDLAND, it's true that urine analysis is required during the physical examination. However, I am not sure about the purpose of the test. Do you mind telling which city you will arrive? Perhaps, I may find the contact information of the health center in your city. Then you may call them to ask about this.
Jan 8, 2015 18:53
  • BIRDLAND
Lonely J,

That would be wonderful if you can do that. I'm flying into Shanghai. If you can find that out I would be very appreciative and feel much more comfortable.
Jan 8, 2015 19:13
  • BIRDLAND
UPDATE...upon Lonely J's suggestion, I called a few international hospitals in Shanghai. I only spoke with one person whom understood what I was asking. She said the Urine Analysis is to test the kidney's it has no drug test involved. I've never heard of a UA for that purpose but I will research and post.
Jun 5, 2015 19:41
GUEST50248 Mr. Birdland,

What was the outcome? Were you tested for Cannabis upon arrival?

Thanks.

Your friendly neighbourhood stoner.
Jan 26, 2016 16:48
GUEST92083 Hey Birdland any updates? I'll be going to Beijing.
Feb 2, 2016 21:07
GUEST57182 I know someone who took the test with it in his system last summer, and they did not detect it. I would guess you're safe.
Feb 25, 2016 01:54
GUEST11140 Guest 92083 what about an update from you?
Jun 15, 2016 06:51
GUEST21117 so what are they testing for ???
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Cannabis and the Z Visa physica
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code