Menu
Got a single entry F visa, how to gain more entries?
Feb 1, 2015 11:55
guest31115 Hello,

I will be spending about 4 months on an exchange basis at a university in Zhengzhou. I've been planning on travelling around Asia through the period I will be there, but a wee problem appeared. I recently went to the embassy, applied for a double entry F visa but unfortunately I was told that what I will get is just a single entry one. However, they added, if I want to gain more entries I should go to the police office once when I am in China and apply for a Temporary residence permit.

As far as I know, holders of Student visas(X1 and X2) are obligated to apply for a Residence permit 30 days after they arrive in China, but I don’t know if people holding F visa have to/could do so.

My question is what would be THE EASIEST WAY for me to obtain at least 1 MORE ENTRY on my visa? Do I have to get a Temporary Residence Permit, or can I just go to the police office/embassy and pretend that I need another entry due to family reasons or something like that.

Thanks,
J.
Feb 2, 2015 20:02
GUEST5673896 Hey, I thought the officers meant extension. You can go to local entry and exit management bureau to extend your F type at least 7 days before it expires. If you succeed, you can be granted with another duration of stay.

And only X1 type can be changed into a temporary resident permit. It doesn't work for X2 type.
Feb 2, 2015 20:56
  • BJLEEO
You can apply for an extension 7 days before your current F visa expire at Zhenzhou Public Security Bureau.

Foreigners with all kinds of visas are required to do the registration within 24 hours of arrival. After the registration you can get the Registration Form of Temporary Residence, which can be used when you extend your F visa at PSB.

BTW, X1 visa need to be changed to 1 year (or longer) Residence Permit for Study within 30 days after arrival.

Post a Reply to: Got a single entry F visa, how to gain more entries?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code