Menu
Can I travel to Hong Kong with a criminal record? Please advise!
Mar 13, 2015 07:47
  • WORLD
Hi there! Can I travel to Hong Kong with a criminal record? I am planning to spend a short stay about two weeks with my family in HK. If I don't declare it, will the HK imigresen officer be able to see it on screen at the airport? Please advise. Thanks a lot!
Mar 13, 2015 20:34
GUEST66754 If I were you, I wouldn't declare it at the immigration. If you declare it, the possibility of being refused to enter is much higher. Just my view.
Mar 13, 2015 22:49
GUEST23232 Firstly, thanks for your advise here. But, I'm just worry if I don't declare it, would they be able to find it out? Have you heard any other cases before? Thanks!
Mar 16, 2015 22:40
GUEST5566
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST23232

Firstly, thanks for your advise here. But, I'm just worry if I don't declare it, would they be able to find it out? Have you heard any other cases before? Thanks!

Well, I guess that the immigration guys are able to check everyone's background if they want. It's like throwing a coin in the air. There are two results. The front or back side touches the ground. The choice is at your hand. I just think that the possibility of being refused to enter is higher if you confess to the immigration office about your "mistakes".
Post a Reply to: Can I travel to Hong Kong with a criminal record? Please advise!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code